Author Topic: does anyone know when AVID pulled the plug on the Akdownload.digidesign.com?  (Read 4429 times)

macStuff

just saw the other night that someone pointed out the servers been pulled offline by AVID
wondering if this is temporary? or permanent?

they permanently wanted to discontinue support for any + all file downloads it seems?
anyone have any info on this from other sources?

macStuff

secure.digidesign.com + akmedia.digidesign.com servers seems to be still up...
so things arent as bad as i thought

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
These kind of things are always somewhat disturbing... That people are willing to to just send all this stuff into digital oblivion!!! WTF.. It underscores how important sites liike OS9Lives are!!

macStuff

These kind of things are always somewhat disturbing... That people are willing to to just send all this stuff into digital oblivion!!! WTF.. It underscores how important sites liike OS9Lives are!!

ill tell you a story of why i got involved with this site;
i had just bought a Mackie 1620i mixer solely because i read that i could use it with Pro Tools 8 (M-powered)
and then when i got it and my software in the mail that i bought off ebay; I called up both Mackie + Digidesign and they both blamed the other, and noone helped me at all and i NEVER got it working. apparently all i needed was 1-2 files to make it work but noone on the internet ever shared thos files with me to be able to use it, apparently digidesign had revoked the license they had given to Mackie. and Mackie couldnt be assed to take down their ads claiming that it worked with M-powered 8. I was FURIOUS. I felt like someone personally robbed me, i was sooo soo angry i vowed i would take a stand against this corrupt sector (the Digital Audio Industry) no lie; i said to myself, im gonna do everything i can to make all these unsupported systems actually usable by people so that people dont have to spend the insane prices that these companies endlessly try to suck out of us, they are in the business of turning creative want-to-be artists  into money generating consumers, and suck the life blood out of us to the point that when we finally get everything working + setup we forget why we even bothered in the first place.

so yea; FUCK YOU DIGIDESIGN.