Author Topic: Wow... Custom Apple Mac Mini G4 for Morph OS, Amiga... $600  (Read 2626 times)

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Wow... Custom Apple Mac Mini G4 for Morph OS, Amiga... $600
« on: December 13, 2019, 08:50:13 AM »
I admit... it does look cool with a powder coated black finish... get this one, it's a steal...lol

This started life as an Apple MacMini G4 Model #7447A, 1500Mhz. It was the top end spec with max RAM and CPU and video card.

I wanted to build a customized mini computer to run MorphOS & Amiga apps & games. This is a one of a kind and unique machine.

I completely stripped it down and had it powder coated black, and the original top covered in carbon fiber wrap. The computer works perfectly and boots right up. I have decided to let it go as I really dont use it as much as I should.

You get the MacMini and the power cord only. The monitor, keyboard and mouse are not included. They are shown for demonstration purposes only.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Apple-Mac-Mini-G4-for-Morph-OS-Amiga/183860943817

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Wow... Custom Apple Mac Mini G4 for Morph OS, Amiga... $600
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 09:58:22 AM »
Just imagine what you could charge for a mini with a Eddie Van Halen paint job!! ;D

Offline FdB

• Platinum Member
  • And then...
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 10:12:30 AM »
Just a bit outta my price range…

But that “powder coated” black finish pretty easily approximated with a rattle can.
AND that carbon fiber wrap is basically contact paper (vinyl)… easily trimmed ‘round
that Mini plex top between the case after application… with a steady exacto knife.
Rattle can black - $6.00. Carbon fiber wrap (enough to do at least 10 Minis - $8.00.
Results... nearly priceless !

Viola! A $645.00 Mac mini! Get ‘em while they’re hot.
Eddie Van Halen Edition - at least twice that price!  ;D

(Carbon-fibered Mouse amp image below.)
This Must Be The Place

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 10:24:41 AM »

aaah, fake carbon foil... like on the corvette ... great idea for computer & music gear, looks really nice on that mini!

https://www.ebay.de/itm/152x50cm-4D-Glanz-Schwarz-Carbon-Folie-Blasenfrei-Auto-Foil-Klebefolie-Aufkleber/372666448510?hash=item56c4a6ba7e:g:cF8AAOSwBzpdlNad
insert arbitrary signature here