Author Topic: Macintosh Mini Complete; Powered by OS 9.2.2 !  (Read 7282 times)

Offline SabithaSuki

• Enthusiast Member
Macintosh Mini Complete; Powered by OS 9.2.2 !
« on: December 10, 2019, 12:29:12 AM »
My utmost gratitude for those who helped me in my endeavors for this creation. Here is a video of it in action :

[youtube]JHE4G0m5Y7A[/youtube]

You guys have helped this dream go from concept to reality, and I hope this little demonstration is a fair exchange for your valuable contributions.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Macintosh Mini Complete; Powered by OS 9.2.2 !
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 10:00:06 AM »
Very cool AND VERY CRAZY!!! Love It! ;D ;D

Offline FdB

• Platinum Member
  • And then...
Here's to the crazy ones...
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 11:47:36 AM »
“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”     - Rob Siltanen

https://www.forbes.com/sites/onmarketing/2011/12/14/the-real-story-behind-apples-think-different-campaign/#58210d0b62ab
This Must Be The Place

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 01:16:48 PM »
there is a quote from a klaus kinski theater piece which starts quite similar. (i dont think it´s available in english)

superb dark techno re-use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l28L_q2iJjE

original speech
... very weird performance... was disturbed by some idiots first... (adorno-influenced students... "ah, you perform a piece of artwork, yes, but [fill in random counter argument here]")... then he repeated it for a selected crowd... 20 years later in 1999 the recording became illegal (just to prove how relevant it was?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB84Q4eYMl8
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 01:39:49 PM by IIO »
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline Jubadub

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 09:14:25 PM »
Holy sh!t, EPIC! Magnificent! :D :D :D

Offline Astroman

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 02:58:12 AM »
LoL ... decades ago I serviced those beige boxes, turning 128/512k Macs into Plusses, later resoldered dozens of video/psu boards (contrary to Apple's rule), still haunted by the machine's disks buzz from time to time  :D
ps: my own Mini-G4 is running fine in OS nine

Offline SabithaSuki

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 03:13:12 AM »
Well I guess the next spot to shoot for is a 6th gen iPod Classic retrofitted into an old Gen 3 Form factor, or an iPod Nano into an iPod Mini shell, lol.

In any event I do have ambitions on doing an SSD upgrade and possibly getting a new front bezel and LCD, but in between jobs and holidays have me pinned.

On an unrelated note, I forgot to show this since I finished uploading right before it came, but it does do WiFi via a relay, but that required me re-seating the Ethernet adapter to protrude outward slightly, so I'll have to either shave the extension cable down or the plastic to re-seat it properly.

In any event, It seems positive reception all around, so thanks for everyone who took the time to see the fruits of my, and this community's labor.

Offline SabithaSuki

• Enthusiast Member
Re: Macintosh Mini (no longer) Complete; Powered by OS 9.2.2 !
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 11:33:36 PM »
I am writing this post here with a heavy heart, in due to not being able to edit the initial post. The YouTube video has been taken down due to changing channels, and the Mac Mini in Macintosh has been refurbished to house a lesser G4 Mac mini and will be sold off to fund the more proper version. I will post in the marketplace with the results, but its appearance is much more ghastly after my attempts to repair it.

Mods, please close this thread if applicable, I apologize for the necrobump, but I must make this clear for any future generations that this model has long crashed and burned.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 03:18:49 AM by SabithaSuki »

Offline SabithaSuki

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 08:59:53 PM »
Decided on not selling it, a bit to ify and the parts were still salvagable, May keep updates for a future project, or a new fourm, unknown right now!

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2021, 12:36:27 AM »
Decided on not selling it, a bit to ify and the parts were still salvagable, May keep updates for a future project, or a new fourm, unknown right now!

Yes, always better to wait and make calm decisions, what exactly is wrong with the mini at the moment ?

Offline SabithaSuki

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2021, 11:19:54 PM »
Not so much the Mini, but the macintosh. The LCD wasn't fitting right, and one thing lead to another and I got epoxy in some places I couldn't fix, even with sanding and painting X_X

I have a new shell locally I can pick up, comes with a floppy disk drive too I can retrofit with a G3 SuperDrive eventually, so this may not be without hope after all.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2021, 03:59:03 AM »
your youtube account is gone. :D

Offline SabithaSuki

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2022, 07:46:51 PM »
Update: Sorry for the necrobump. The youtube account got terminated due to a flagrant coppyright claim, couldn't get it fixed. Never the less, I have my main that I will post a new update video with a lot of work I put in on it such as a newer screen with a proper mount, and a fresh coat of pantone. I just have to wait for the last few parts to make it here :S

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2022, 08:23:25 PM »
i hear daily about auch cases. youtube really sucks when it comes to this.

it is a new business model. criminals copy your content - including original music or animations - upload a copy, then claim it would be theirs and file a complaint against the author.

google doesnt care, money is money.

Offline SabithaSuki

• Enthusiast Member
Macintosh Mini (almost) Complete; Powered by OS 9.2.2 !
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2022, 07:53:56 PM »
So, before I (probably) make a new post when I get this sucker together in full to show off all the BIG changes... anyone know the best way / where I can get replacment Macintosh back labels?

I ripped mine trying to peel it off for painting and I feel like printing it off and slapping it back on there wouldn't do it justice enough, and just buying another back to risk curling and tearing it again doesn't seem reasonable. Any help would be aprecatied  ;^^
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 09:20:13 PM by FdB »

Offline chrisNova777

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2022, 02:23:30 PM »
im glad my youtube account is safe because i never uploaded a single video in my life.... since tehy burned me last  i only use the playlist features to bookmark + keep track of other videos posted by other people....

they changed their policy and screwed me over... back in 2007-2009 days on youtube, you could deactivate your account + reactivate it
then they changed their policy and wouldnt let me reactivate mine, i was trying to restructure my content for a grand reopening type thing but
then they wouldnt let me get my url/profile name back.. that had over 1000+ contacts i had aquired
i think this happened right around the time that google bought youtube

i much preferred the older models of facebook + youtube. the design + The feel + experience was more fun + engaging (back in 2006-2008) when it was all literally focused on tiny squares with peoples faces on them .. youtubes oriiginal design had copied some of that look + feel from facebook.. youtube was originally more like  early facebook in that it was built for more interacting between people like a social network originally its a shame that the designs have strayed so far from the earlier design, facebook screwed themselves up but youtube has a long history of burning people unneccessarily it seems

if i wasnt lazy id find some pics of the earlier facebook + youtube designs to post here that would really do alot more to illustrate what i mean. the design was more about people seeing the face, recognizing the  face, clicking the persons profile, it was the time of facebooks growth and that earlier basic design was more based on you clicking people you recognize..