Author Topic: Cubase 2.5 in Basilisk? Sheepshaver?  (Read 3027 times)

Offline krispyywombat

• Newcomer
Cubase 2.5 in Basilisk? Sheepshaver?
« on: December 09, 2019, 09:11:52 PM »
Hello all! I've spent hours hunting and hunting for a solution to a set of problems I've been having with trying to run Cubase, specifically the 2.5.1r3 build that people talk about.
The specific issue, once everything seems like it's running, tends to be I get no audio output from Cubase. I have Midi Manager installed, sound does work in the emulator, I have OMS too, but I cannot seem to actually get a peep out of Cubase, even when it's showing sound output on the indicator in the corner. So, does anyone have any clue? Am I missing some really tiny detail? I've hunted through menus too with no luck so far

Edit: My most successful combo so far is Sheepshaver with MacOS 8.6, with OMS and Midi Manager installed. The playhead moves as it should and I get the sound indicator, as well as system sounds, but nothing from Cubase

Edit 2: It seems like a solution might come out of using Quicktime's virtual instruments and freemidi? But I'm having a helluva time figuring this crap out

Edit 3: A combo of Quicktime, Freemidi, and System 7.1 or 7.5 might be key, along with potentially OSW, but I can't figure out how to get it all together
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 11:56:21 PM by krispyywombat »

macStuff

Re: Cubase 2.5 in Basilisk? Sheepshaver?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 01:46:50 AM »
get a real mac..
we dont like emulators because of lack of hardware audio/midi support

check your classified ads and buy a real mac