Author Topic: Mac OS 9.2.2 G4 Titanium PowerBook  (Read 4958 times)

Offline mightymacman

• Newcomer
Mac OS 9.2.2 G4 Titanium PowerBook
« on: November 11, 2019, 09:39:40 PM »
Hello everyone!

How do I get this G4 TI PB to show up on my OS 10 local Network?

As I key this in, I have an Ethernet Cable connected from this TIPB to to an AirPort Extreme Tower.
That Extreme Tower communicates Wirelessly with other Extreme Towers on my Network. (All at the AC speeds)

My MacBookPro (connected to an Extreme Tower), my Mac Mini (connected to an Extreme Tower), my MacPro Tower (connected to an Extreme Tower), all OS 10.13 or higher show up just fine on the local network.

This G4 running OS 9.2.2 does not. I have FileSharing turned on, I have AppleTalk turned on (which might be part of the problem), working through the Ethernet port. The equalivant of Users & Groups is populated with all my other computer user names and PWs in an attempt to connect back to the G4 as well.  So far, no joy!

Any ideas or suggestions?   

Thank you for you time and consideration!

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: Mac OS 9.2.2 G4 Titanium PowerBook
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 10:24:58 PM »
Wow… I discussed this very issue just yesterday!

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,5221.msg37787.html#msg37787

The File system on your 9.2.2 machine is too far removed from the far, far newer 10.13 + systems.
It might as well be Egyptian hieroglyphics as far as they can tell.

Say, "Thank you Apple, I love abuse… may I have some more?"

macStuff

Re: Mac OS 9.2.2 G4 Titanium PowerBook
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 11:18:16 PM »
On January 9, 2007 the AirPort Extreme began shipping, with support for 802.11n.

are u "online" with the powerbook? ie: able to browse the net etc?

the posts in the wrong section of the site is really getting more and more out of control around here;
i guess noone wants to admit they are asking for HELP! by posting int he HELP! board