Author Topic: DigiTest - Failed with a MixFarm Card (Mac G4 with OS9.2.2 & Protools TDM 5.1.3)  (Read 5830 times)

Offline colluraamara

• Newcomer
  • Music Productions User
Hi, I own a Mac G4 with OS 9.2.2 and still works perfect, rocksolid!
I am working with Protools TDM 5.1.3 with a Digidesign Mix system; there are a MixCore Card and two MixFarm cards.
The system works fully and my interfaces appears to work properly (two 888/24 and a Adat Bridge 24).
But when I do the DigiTest, results a Fail (usually on the second MixFarm, but sometimes appear a fail on MixCore or the first MixFarm).
Someone had the same Failed results ?
Power Mac G4 running Os 9.2.2 ; Pro Tools 5.1.3 TDM ; Avid Digidesign Pro Tools|24 Mix³: MixCore + MixFarm (x2) ; Digidesign 888/24 i|o (x2) ; Digidesign Adat Bridge/24

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
You need to connect the wordclock between every Interface.
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline colluraamara

• Newcomer
  • Music Productions User
Yes, did. Via bnc cable, i had connected all interfaces of the system.
I set the wordclock as "internal" on the first 888/24 (that is the master interface and distrubute clock to the others interfaces), and going out with bnc 75 ohm cables to the bnc in of the 2nd 888/24 and then from here to the 3rd in chain that is the Adat Bridge 24.
I tried to clock this system with apogee big ben, but didn't work.
Power Mac G4 running Os 9.2.2 ; Pro Tools 5.1.3 TDM ; Avid Digidesign Pro Tools|24 Mix³: MixCore + MixFarm (x2) ; Digidesign 888/24 i|o (x2) ; Digidesign Adat Bridge/24

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
In my setup I setup the adat bridge first because then I can connect the word clock to my other mic pre's AND connect the digidesign superclock to the other 2x888 I have. Maybe you connected the BNC cable to the word clock input of the adat bridge instead of the superclock input?
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Have you tried with:

- Just one interface connected? If the cards all pass then problem might be with the interface connections.

- If you still get a 'fail' try with just the core card... If that passes add additional cards one by one and re-test.

- If you get a card that fails, swap it with a card that passed and see if that card also fails... could be bad slot connection or ribbon cable/connection.
  ( sometimes just 'working' the connection a bit will be enough to sort this out).

- Watch the lights on the cards as you test as they can provide additional info.

-