Author Topic: Max ProCussion Editor  (Read 570 times)

Offline chokobo

• Enthusiast Member (25+ Posts)
  • new to the forums
Max ProCussion Editor
« on: September 20, 2019, 06:08:44 PM »
Does anyone have the Opcode Max ProCussion editor? It came with the early versions of Max, but apparently wasn't including with the 4.2 version that is posted on the Cycling 74 website.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member (500+ Posts)
  • new to the forums
Re: Max ProCussion Editor
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 06:46:59 PM »
u sure it was a max patch? they had one for galaxy i think.
"It is true that the "pre-emptive multitasking" advantage present in OS X can be illustrated by downloading CD-ROM ISOs and rendering chaos theory formulas while simultaneously instant messaging and posting on FaceBook what you ate... but in reality, what did you create?"
- DieHard, random forum troll at macos9lives.com

Offline chokobo

• new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 12:14:01 PM »
Yes because I programmed it. ;)

It was a full editor/librarian, and it was included in the first release of Max from Opcode.

Offline IIO

• new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 01:56:12 PM »
and you lost your own copy? and i always think i am the only person who is able for so much fail.

a full featured editor would be a reason for me to get a procussion again. which was underrated at its time.
"It is true that the "pre-emptive multitasking" advantage present in OS X can be illustrated by downloading CD-ROM ISOs and rendering chaos theory formulas while simultaneously instant messaging and posting on FaceBook what you ate... but in reality, what did you create?"

Offline chokobo

• new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 03:31:14 PM »
I wrote the patch, but I didn't have a Pro/Cussion, so I never used the patch after I had developed it. Also, I had a roommate that stole a lot of my things including synths, motorcycles, welder, etc., and it appears a lot of my floppy disks.

From what I remember it is a full featured editor, with a librarian. And I would expect since Max was updated to run in OS X, and even Ableton Live, the patch should be usable on current systems.

Offline IIO

• new to the forums
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 09:03:53 PM »
you can do such things blind, without the device?

did sxformat exist back in the days?

Offline IIO

• new to the forums
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 09:28:48 PM »
oh, it has a very nice and clean manual for the specs. but still.

Offline chokobo

• new to the forums
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 11:14:05 PM »
At the time e-mu provided a proteus that was fitted with the "Sluggo" pre-producion roms. I found a floppy that may have my code on it. Now the task is procuring a working floppy drive!