Author Topic: usb 2.0 for G4 Quicksilver options?  (Read 6973 times)

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: usb 2.0 for G4 Quicksilver options?
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2019, 10:29:27 PM »
Shit! I'm sorry. I got lost……too many browser windows open at once!

I found the solution on page 75 of: THIS manual: https://cdn-data.motu.com/manuals/midi/MOTU_USB_MIDI_Interface_User_Guide_Mac.pdf
It clearly shows a software "Event Muting" panel that will filter that nasty little clock out.

It's part of Clockworks in both  OSX and/or OS9.

It indicates that the solution is exactly where you would expect it to be: In the Clockworks / TPAV controller

NOW…Here's your challenge:
The MOTU main downloads page does NOT seem to have a download for OS9 Clockworks that I can find.
The above manual however, clearly shows that the software exists…which makes sense.

SO…Try this download package: http://cdn-data.motu.com/downloads/freemidi/fm1.48.hqx

I found it here: https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/driverlog
It listed as:
 MOTU MIDI Installer FreeMIDI 1.48/USB MIDI Installer (Release Date 2003-11-05)
Compatibility: OS 9

Drivers and consoles for all MOTU MIDI interfaces, serial and USB.
    Includes FreeMIDI v1.48 installer for Mac OS9

Hopefully, Clockworks for OS9 is in there otherwise, you'll have to…

Go find it. Haunt the MOTU forums and such…

Let me know what happens……

Offline part12studios

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2019, 11:27:22 PM »
You sir are a scholar and a gentleman.. heh heh.   so yes i have freemidi already and it includes clockworks.  it just throws it in a folder on the OS9 drive and i had never used it before.

sure enough going to those settings and muting realtime data IN shut down all that noise.  it seems to be a locally saved setting as once its set the software no longer needs to keep running. the setting is in the

I confirmed after muting all the various realtime/mtc/exclusive stuff which i'd never need from this controller/sound module it still outputs to DP3 records notes and plays them back so bravo on finding that!  Now i'm off to bed at 2:27 am.. :)

Thanks for this.  Hopefully if anyone else runs into this kind of issue now folks will have an answer.  Though I should see if clockworks is mentioned elsewhere in this forum hindsight 20/20.

Thanks,
Caleb

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2019, 07:55:21 AM »
I knew we would get there  ;)

The "crawlers" post a lot of our stuff out there in the search engines, so I am sure this will help many with similar MIDI devices that do not stop chatting

I could edit all the posts down to 3 or 4 and it would be...
Question... answer... Question... answer

But where's the fun in that... you have to read it all to "pan for gold" lol  "The nuggets are there in them there hills"
start diggin'

Offline part12studios

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2019, 08:17:10 AM »
Indeed :)    About to search the forum now for an answer to another question.  hopefully someone has come across it before.  Though it seems like searching in the forum has been prone to system error messages.  Going to switch to firefox and see how that does.

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2019, 05:07:08 PM »