Author Topic: iSub 2000, What to do with it?  (Read 2564 times)

Offline ximiimx

iSub 2000, What to do with it?
« on: September 03, 2019, 07:56:37 AM »
I was given one of these 10 years ago, and never got it to work as a USB speaker, so I attached some clear speaker wire to the speaker alone, and used it as a passive sub for a small receiver / amp years ago... (I think I once read that drivers are only installed if the sub is plugged into USB, when doing a OS install).
I still have it but don’t use it, and was thinking of trying to get it to work on my G4 mini running OS 9.
Does anybody have any ideas or thoughts about this?
Or anything else I might “give a try”?
I don’t even have it at home right now, but something made it pop into my mind, and I’ve been thinking about it...

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
Re: iSub 2000, What to do with it?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 09:52:24 AM »
I don't see why it wouldn't work as you said the drivers are already backed into the OS. I think it was OS 9.04 that brought support with it. It will just appear under the Sound control panel as soon as you connect it so you should be covered by having installed anything higher than that.
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline ximiimx

Re: iSub 2000, What to do with it?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 10:02:43 AM »
I don't see why it wouldn't work as you said the drivers are already backed into the OS. I think it was OS 9.04 that brought support with it. It will just appear under the Sound control panel as soon as you connect it so you should be covered by having installed anything higher than that.

Kinda right....
Umm. I’d have to go get it and have it plugged into the computer, and do a re install.
But idunno. Like I said, I never seen it work, aside from the iMac that the person who gave me the sub had.