Author Topic: xpostfacto  (Read 4691 times)

macStuff

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: xpostfacto
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 03:12:47 PM »
I used it waay back when to enable my original G3 Desktop with 500mHz Sonnet to run Tiger. It worked perfectly and was really simple to install. I can't be 100% certain but I seem to remember it being a free download developed at some college rather than an OWC product…?

Offline tafkar

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 03:32:54 PM »
 I just happen to be using it this minute to install Panther 10.3 on a PPC 8500.  The installation appears near complete and will see how that goes. I had a few false starts, I think in part because I didn’t use the Apple Drive Setup app to setup the disc and I suspect my version of Hard Disk Speed Tools was too old. I also wasn’t completely clear about how to use Xpostfacto.
Unfortunately the link at OWC to their tech-support forum for Xpostfacto does not work.
running OS 9 on a PPC 7500, 8500, and 6100

Offline OS923

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 06:36:04 AM »
Just for clarity: you're using a SCSI drive which is supported by Apple.

macStuff

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 09:58:01 AM »
I just happen to be using it this minute to install Panther 10.3 on a PPC 8500.  The installation appears near complete and will see how that goes. I had a few false starts, I think in part because I didn’t use the Apple Drive Setup app to setup the disc and I suspect my version of Hard Disk Speed Tools was too old. I also wasn’t completely clear about how to use Xpostfacto.
Unfortunately the link at OWC to their tech-support forum for Xpostfacto does not work.

incorrect; the links work just fine??? were you trying to download them from a vintage mac? not advisable to try to harvest files from the net using any vintage mac web browser nowadays;
to avoid problems like this; use a modern osx computer to download + then transfer files via local network;

sorry i read your comments wrong; i thought u said the linsk to the files didnt work
i see now u were talkigna bout tech support; my bad;

here are the files
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:09:41 AM by macStuff »