Author Topic: Reorganizing & New Mods  (Read 4024 times)

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
Reorganizing & New Mods
« on: May 21, 2019, 01:32:38 AM »
It isn't my place to overhaul something that isn't mine, so I hope DieHard doesn't mind me giving input, but I do have some good ideas for the site. I'm all ears for his and anyone else's suggestions.

At one time we had an FTP absolutely filled to the brim with so much stuff that it was unbelievable (thanks to Enabler in particular). It got lost unfortunately. I also put up a bunch of plugins myself but they're still not posted after a long while. This makes me think we should do two things:

1) Perhaps add a mod or two with the powers to post new software and plugins. A lot of us are still sitting on good stuff that isn't available anywhere else, and a lot of it is only available via file attachment from posts that we can only find via searching and hoping.

2) Reorganize the forum sections a bit, such as putting the DAW and recording discussions much nearer the top of the forum (suggestion of macStuff). I have some other ideas for reorganization myself but I'd have to think about it.

DieHard is a busy guy, especially right now with his business move and everything so he can't possibly find enough time to do all of this alone. I say we kindly ask his permission to get this thing tweaked.

Who's with me?

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
Re: Reorganizing & New Mods
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 01:40:28 AM »
Also, something that's been on my wish list for the forum is a "view your posts" link. I think we're using SMForum because it's the only one that works in Classilla, right? VBulletin has the view your posts link at the top right and it's a much faster way of keeping track of your threads and going back to them. Not sure if they have some code for that but that would be just awesome to have.

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 05:14:22 PM »

Offline Greystash

• Gold Member
  • Too many Macs..
    • Mac Classic, Mac Attic
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 08:17:54 PM »
 "view your posts" would be great! I've often looked for this. It's quite difficult to keeping track of everything you've posted. Might be a limitation of the forum software though. There are a few sections that could definitely do with a tidy up/reorganising, I usually just find what I'm after using search.

Offline FdB

• Platinum Member
  • And then...
Re: View Your Posts?
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 09:14:28 PM »
Greystash, check under your profile (Summary)?

This Must Be The Place

Offline Greystash

• Gold Member
  • Too many Macs..
    • Mac Classic, Mac Attic
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 09:49:20 PM »
Ah thanks FdB I hadn't seen that before! You can even filter by Topics which is great! :)

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 10:15:02 PM »
That works fine, but it's just more convenient to have a little link on the homepage. When you get to it on VBulletin, it shows you if a new reply is in the thread or not.