Author Topic: Firmtek & SeriTek/1eVE2+2: 2-Port Internal, 2-Port External PCI-X Adapter  (Read 9115 times)

Offline klock22a

• Valued Member
Re: Firmtek & SeriTek/1eVE2+2: 2-Port Internal, 2-Port External PCI-X Adapter
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2019, 09:23:35 AM »
Yes, a long time ago.

Offline (S)ATAman

• Veteran Member
Re: Firmtek & SeriTek/1eVE2+2: 2-Port Internal, 2-Port External PCI-X Adapter
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2020, 07:51:00 AM »
Wow. Looking at their recent recommendation scores of one star out of five I went ballistic.
Than I found this "gem":

https://www.firmtek.com/scholarships/news/Scholarship-Report.pdf

Than I said: "WTF"

Than I found this forum.

Than I started to put the life in my old machines.
G4 MDD was rebuilt, the first "new" build of SImage 3124 driver did see the light yesterday.

And bought an other G4 MDD single proc 1GHZ for $35 in the mean time.
Live in two countries, everything is mirrored, even mirrored doors.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 08:04:44 AM by (S)ATAman »

Offline wnlewis

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
I placed an order with Firmtek on May 2nd for a SeriTek/1eVE2+2: 2-Port Internal, 2-Port External PCI-X Adapter. The site took my credit card information, but I do not see any charge applied. However, I do not see any update to my order information either. I have tried calling their number at least 20 times over several days and no one is answering the phone--not a single person including who is listed as the owner of the company (I did just leave her a voice message). Does anyone know if this company is still in business? I also tried using their contact form and that does not work either.

Firmtek/Seritek is a Chinese front end in the US. I believe it used to be, or was started by, some ex-Apple employees.

They do not answer their phone. And they only charge the card when they place an order for stuff.

The card you want is no longer available. However, they do have the Firmtek/Seritek v4 version of that card (or did when I bought one about two years ago).

Go to: https://firmtek.stores.yahoo.net/sata1v4.html. It will cost about $120.00. If you are going to use IDE (ATA) drives with it, make sure you order the ATA to SATA adapter cards. The adapters are designed for use on notebook drives, but will fit a standard drive. You just have to seat them very carefully.

As I said, they seem to still be in business but they do not provide any support for these "legacy products." And they do not answer the phone or Emails and will only reply if you have a problem and threaten to send back the equipment.

The equipment works! Don't try to make a system of hodge podge, flashed this and that from where ever you can find salvaged items (or ex-PC stuff). Firmtek/Seritek stuff works. My G4 runs and boots natively from 9, 10.4, 10.5, and Linux, all off an SSD and ATA drives connected through Firmtek/Seritek equipment.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
...for 120 dollars :D
insert arbitrary signature here