Author Topic: VST wrapper for DP3 that I'm testing out, looking for audio vsts  (Read 8390 times)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: VST wrapper for DP3 that I'm testing out, looking for audio vsts
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2019, 08:46:06 AM »
recording, cueing, and the differentiation between tracks and channels - including three different audio tracks options (mono, stereo, any) - were often irritiating for people who came from a fostex 12 track or from protools.

it masters plug-in compatibility best and has nice nonrealtrime export. but it doesnt habe freeze like logic 6 and DP might have the better midi options.

choose one, it will always be wrong. :)
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline part12studios

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2019, 08:58:34 AM »
yea i like DP.. but i really want to see if i can get unisyn to work in it.   seems like when i install it, it's looking for some kind of hardware usb clip or something proving the software is legit..  maybe there is a version that has a crack to work around it.   I would just love to have a library editor while I'm IN DP3.. to go into my JV1080 would be amazing.. it's not a fun synth to program on the hardware itself.. but it's an amazing sounding synth / rompler.   

Yea they are all tools.  Arguing which is best is like arguing which is better flat tip or philips..   DP3 is just like an old familiar friend that has been proven lately to be fairly easy to figure out..  one level of undo sucks ass.. but i have managed. 

DP3 has freeze?   I need to look into that.. I like freeze as it was something that Cubase SX had.  Layering plugins can eat cpu cycles..   with all of these plugins on OS9 to explore, I may need this more since all i've usually used is simple stuff like everb and compression..  everything else tends to be outboard stuff..

macStuff

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2019, 04:29:15 PM »
a close friend of mine swears by the combination of DP + Nuendo
using Dp for a few of tis tricks up its sleeve that allow him to get his tracks together quicker into Nuendo