Author Topic: Pro Tools TDM Solution For PB G4 Ti ?  (Read 4188 times)

Offline Aksis

• Valued Member
Pro Tools TDM Solution For PB G4 Ti ?
« on: March 28, 2019, 10:31:48 AM »
Hey everyone, :)

I was having an issue with the Pro Tools le track limit of 24 mono tracks ( i usually use 16 stereo tracks = 32  mono like in pt 6) but i really want to use os 9 since i already painstakingly set it up and enjoy the environment. The problem is i know i would need proprietary equipment for TDM or Mix (Audio Int Cards, Exp Chassis), but i cant find or figure out with expansion chassis and digi card would be well for PowerBook; If anyone can give me some insight in the right direction it will SOOOOO appreciated. Hope you guys have a good one :)

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Pro Tools TDM Solution For PB G4 Ti ?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 06:02:49 PM »
Hope this helps... Our Download and Patch will get you to 32 Tracks under OS9 with LE

DOWNLOAD HERE:
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,2701.0.html

Digidesign Pro Tools LE Version 5.1.1 - Toast CD Image
For Digi 001 or Audiomedia III Interface
Serial Number: DIGI0510 89300030 886a9320

Remember, This version requires a Digidesign Digi001 Audio Interface or Audiomedia III in order to run!

NOTE: The Download Folder also contains the Update Pro Tools LE 5.2.1cs1 that you apply after installing 5.1.1, this will upgrade ProTools and increase the number of simultaneous audio tracks from 24 to 32 !

Offline Aksis

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 09:28:59 PM »
Hey sir , thanks so much for letting me know about that , thats definitely what i need! :) , the link is just down right now :(

Offline Aksis

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 09:32:06 PM »
Actually in hindsight i just realized it doesnt work on a MBOX which is all i have atm. :(

Offline Astroman

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 02:37:37 AM »
you have a couple of options:
consider to re-organize your tracks by some intermediate submixing, to get along with 24 ch.

Look for an expansion chassis with Expresscard connection plus (at least) 2 TDM cards to get a reasonable amount of processing resources plus 1 io-interface (882/888 etc).
(the TDM software won't run without the hardware io-box)

Get a G4 tower with the same amount of cards and the io-interface.

The latter is the most easy way because there are plenty of G4 Macs, TDM cards and interfaces, all for very affordable prices. Sometimes even complete systems.
If you like the handling of PT, then a TDM system is worth considering anyway.
It saves your Mac a significant amount of CPU cycles and the processing on the Motorola DSPs is excellent.
(myself using a G3 450Mhz B/W with relatively few plugins - I cherry-picked for a couple of months from what was available and imh ears the TDM kind of soundcolor is much more pleasing than the one from most current Windoze systems)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:36:21 PM by Astroman »