Author Topic: My introduction  (Read 2789 times)

Offline mraroid

• Enthusiast Member
    • Auricon Optical Sound Users group
My introduction
« on: February 25, 2019, 03:26:58 PM »
Hello...

I am new here.  Here is my introduction....

I used a few early 1990s Macs back in the day.  A few years ago I found a broken Color Classic in the Goodwill for $12.95 and bought it.  All I wanted to do was fix it, but the deeper I got into it, the more nuts I became.  It now has a CF2SCSI for a hard drive.  I installed a LC 575 logic board and installed a full 68040 processor in it. I can boot to 7.6.1 or 8.1.  I did the screen mod so I can do 640 X 480.  I finally found a external CD drive for it. It has a ethernet card in it and it is on the web. I love that little Sony CRT....

A couple of months ago I found a old broken down dirty filthy Blue & White on Craigs List for $40.00 and bought it.  It had a version 2 logic board in it.  I had a Yikes! logic board already, so I sold the original logic board and installed my Yikes.  I started looking around for a Sonnet PCI SATA card so I could run OS9 and OSX together, but I never did find the Sonnet card.  I did find a off brand PCI SATA card for the mac, but it will only support OSX.  I have wanted to learn OS9 and maybe play around with an early version of OSX.

Just today I got OS 9.2.2 up and running on a 64 GB SS drive.  But for some reason Quicktime is bad and I can not fix it.  I want to get Quicktime 6.0.3 installed, find a browser, and then start populating OS9 with a little software and play with it.

When I am not playing with old computers, I work with a old time motion picture sound format called optical sound.  I still shoot motion picture film (35mm, 16mm, Super8).  I do botany on the side.  I am retired, so I have little free time....  I live in Salem Oregon, about an hour from Portland Oregon.

So, that is about it for me.  I appreciate all the help I found here.

mraroid

« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 02:17:54 PM by mraroid »
Color Classic Mystic, B&W with a Yikes! G4 @ 500Mhz, running 9.2.2 and soon, Tiger.