Author Topic: Koblo Stella9000 Presets  (Read 3154 times)

Offline simondo3

• Valued Member
  • OS9KA
Koblo Stella9000 Presets
« on: February 25, 2019, 10:30:18 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has got any presets for the Koblo Stella9000 Poly Synth. I've got the presets for the Vibra synths but not the Stella9000 apart from one called Ana Strings.

Cheers

Offline Astroman

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Koblo Stella9000 Presets
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 05:29:08 PM »
Ana Strings isn't a preset but a violin sample ;)
You may load your own sounds into that slot and tweak something interesting.
The synths look very simple but can get deep, featuring quite a unique sound character.

Offline simondo3

• Valued Member
  • OS9KA
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 09:13:04 AM »
Nice one Astroman,

I've revived my mix rig,not used it since 2006 and never used the Koblo stuff much back in the day.

Do you know if the Stella9000 came with any presets back in the day? be good to track them down if there was some.

But yeah now I know its a sample masher type synth/player I will have play loading in some samples and see what noises I can make

cheers for the input dude  :)

Offline Astroman

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 01:48:32 PM »
Same late user here  :D
But I'm quite surprised about the quality of the sound engine - that filter from Y2K rules.
The range of 15 octaves is outstanding and the interface/modulation handling is cool.
As everything is already midi CC mapped I can right out of the box drive it from an iPad via Aphelian (a wierd sequencer for notes and CCs, but simple to use)
Unfortunately the original developement system for Tokyo seems impossible to be found.

But in fact there were user presets for the Koblo synth and sampler on their website (in a user area of the board, as way-back-machine revealed), so the text is there, but the content is lost.