Author Topic: We want MacOS9Lives representation!  (Read 3682 times)

Offline Dogcow

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
We want MacOS9Lives representation!
« on: February 23, 2019, 01:46:57 PM »
Hi Folks!

Some friends and I have a weekly chat which we livestream on youtube, called Mac Yak.
We would love to have a few of the MacOS9Lives contributors on the show so viewers can see what MacOS9Lives is all about; community effort to keep this old OS alive and useful.

I've reached out to a few members and got one bite, a few not interested and otherwise no response at all.

This is not to get the word out about MacOS9Lives, pretty much everyone that dabbles with Mac OS 9 knows of this place. We want some of you to show/tell how much work goes into this. How one project can be bounced around between 10 people before a final product is released etc. Because I don't think many people think about that.

Anyway, if you're a member of MacOS9Lives and have contributed to the creation of the OS 9 install images in any way, we'd love to have you on.

Check out the show here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt2KeJh95i1c3YMajbAqfbQ
We use Group FaceTime so a device that can do that will be required.

Any questions of comments please let me know :)

If this post is better in another place on the forum, can an admin please move it there?

Jay

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: We want MacOS9Lives representation!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 04:29:52 PM »
Rock on JV !! That's a great looking YT page!
It would be great to see one or more of the resident geniuses around here (they know who they are) in the flesh and see what happens when actually stand in front of the class and deliver a book report!

Luckily for me, I'm not one of them…… though I might be willing to babble some bullshit about the wonders of obsolete Mac software in audio recording.
I don't really clean up all that well though…

Gary

Offline mraroid

• Enthusiast Member
    • Auricon Optical Sound Users group
Re: We want MacOS9Lives representation!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 02:23:15 PM »
Check out the show here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt2KeJh95i1c3YMajbAqfbQ
We use Group FaceTime so a device that can do that will be required.

Any questions of comments please let me know :)
Jay

Hello Jay.  I do not have any hardware that can support Face Time.  Can I go to the You Tube link and just watch?

mraroid
Color Classic Mystic, B&W with a Yikes! G4 @ 500Mhz, running 9.2.2 and soon, Tiger.