Author Topic: Blue & White Yikes! logic board -9 will not load  (Read 7311 times)

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Blue & White Yikes! logic board -9 will not load
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2019, 08:19:59 AM »
Ya caught me… out having another “extended affair” in Pignose Hell.

Yes... and another candidate to steal your time will be on the way soon.

Soon, we will have a "Pignose" jam at Garry's Place

Offline mraroid

• Enthusiast Member
    • Auricon Optical Sound Users group
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2019, 08:24:50 AM »

Okay… just went down and checked my B&W and that icon is for the “ATI Graphics Accelerator”. Mine is disabled. Problem fixed here.

Fdb....

Which video card are you running?

I just installed my ATI 9200.  I found my CD with the correct drivers for OS 9.  I also have a file which is a BIOS update for the card. All seems OK here.  If you have the same video card, I can mail you a CD of the OS9 drivers I have.

mraroid
Color Classic Mystic, B&W with a Yikes! G4 @ 500Mhz, running 9.2.2 and soon, Tiger.

Offline FdB

• Platinum Member
  • And then...
Yee-ikes!
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2019, 02:03:21 PM »
I thought you said you had that sorted. Now what?
Different Pignose (circa ’77) came w/ non-original PCB that I don’t believe was ever “wired” properly/accordingly. And perhaps a bit like Macs and guitars… having only one, is simply never enough.
Used one as a pre-amp… into another one the other day and eye-chee-whow-wow!  who needs a wall o’ Marshalls? [Maybe exaggerating & “non-compensating”  just a wee bit there?] ::)
Front & back detail pics of your PCB would however be very greatly appreciated.

Which video card are you running?
Currently running an ATI Mac Rad 9200LE /128M …but usually there’s another basic (original?) ATI card in there too… for dual monitors. Thanks for the mail offer.

Yes... and another candidate to steal your time will be on the way soon.
Soon, we will have a "Pignose" jam at Gary's Place
C’mon with it. ;) Bring it on! I pity the fool. -Mr. T.
AND you might be welcome in NoCali wine country
but …aww shucks - my Hudson Super Six and me might not be. :(

"But I like to think how nice it's gonna be, maybe, in California. Never cold. An' fruit ever'place, an' people just bein' in the necest places, little white houses in among the orange trees. I wonder- that is, if we all get jobs an' all work- maybe we can get one of them little white houses. An' the little fellas go out an' pick oranges right off the tree."  -Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath
This Must Be The Place

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2019, 02:12:58 PM »
Will be shipping out the "DieHard Pignose" to "Frankie" this week; one of the 1st made... played it at 15 and fell in love with it