Author Topic: No sound in Mac OS 9.2 on Mac mini G4  (Read 4075 times)

Offline elias137

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
No sound in Mac OS 9.2 on Mac mini G4
« on: November 18, 2018, 07:31:14 AM »
Hello everybody!

I have just installed Mac OS 9.2 (link below) for unsupported Mac mini G4. Everything's fine, except that there is NO SOUND. Has anyone ever experienced such issues?

My setup is: Mac mini 1.42 G4 (A1126).

Mac OS distro used for install
(http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,4365.0.html)

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
Re: No sound in Mac OS 9.2 on Mac mini G4
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 07:35:09 AM »
You need Speakers on the headphone jack and or a USB/Firewire audio device depending on what your goal is. i have audio when i use active speakers on that jack. problem is you cant control the volume its always on full blast.

Offline elias137

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 07:59:23 AM »
Speakers? That's so inconvenient, being having a built-in speaker. Well, I've just tried to plug the headphones in, I now hear the sound but it's soooo quiet and I can't set it higher.

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 09:57:12 AM »
Again. You should use active speakers.

Offline elias137

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 10:00:06 AM »
Oh, my bad. You've already mentioned it. I wonder if those who created that build to be used on Macs mini working on that issue? It would be so good to get it fixed. But, thanks for the answers!

macStuff

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 11:19:27 AM »
most people will use a professional usb or firewire audio interface.. if u havent noticed the theme of this website is largely about using macs with external audio + midi hardware. buy any external interface, plug it in and enjoy.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 08:37:20 PM »
Speakers? That's so inconvenient, being having a built-in speaker. Well, I've just tried to plug the headphones in, I now hear the sound but it's soooo quiet and I can't set it higher.

the built-in speaker of the macminis is sooo quiet, you can forget it anyway. i can hardly watch the news with my core2duo. this isnt a macos9-hack problem at all.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline ELN

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 04:29:49 PM »
I had a look into it, but honestly the Audio Extension is a pretty inscrutable hunk of code (like most PCI ndrvs). Have offered to pass my work so far on to someone else, but no takers.