Author Topic: Digidesign Audiomedia III on top of MIX cards?  (Read 320 times)

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
Digidesign Audiomedia III on top of MIX cards?
« on: November 10, 2018, 06:43:50 PM »
Has anyone ever successfully had both an Audiomedia III card running alongside PT Mix cards? Or would that cause some type of conflict?

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
Re: Digidesign Audiomedia III on top of MIX cards?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 07:22:24 PM »
I'm trying to figure out which rig would be suitable for an AMIII. It's got RCA and SPDIF. I don't want to run this into my big mixer, so I've got to find some sort of 'amp' for it. I could run it into a set of PC speakers, but pfffft... There's got to be some sort of interface that has a an amp and monitor controller on it that will take RCA inputs. Or SPDIF.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Digidesign Audiomedia III on top of MIX cards?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 07:56:56 PM »
except that i once had an AM III i probably know less about these things than you.

the AM III should run fine when you use it with ASIO or soundmanager - and not with protools.

i could imagine that they will not use both the same version of DAE and that there is no way to use them together anyway.
"It is true that the "pre-emptive multitasking" advantage present in OS X can be illustrated by downloading CD-ROM ISOs and rendering chaos theory formulas while simultaneously instant messaging and posting on FaceBook what you ate... but in reality, what did you create?"
- DieHard, random forum troll at macos9lives.com