Author Topic: Difficult to acquire Digidesign & Mac gear in Europe?  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
Difficult to acquire Digidesign & Mac gear in Europe?
« on: October 22, 2018, 10:02:46 AM »
How difficult is it to buy Digidesign Mix hardware as well as older Macintosh computers in Europe? Particularly the Scandinavian area. I've always just used Ebay and some other sites that have the gear located in the USA and it's no problem at all getting what I need. I may take a trip for an extended period overseas so it would be nice to get a rig going while I'm over there.

Offline Syn-Fi

• Veteran Member
  • Quadra 700, G4 MDD, Mac mini
Re: Difficult to acquire Digidesign & Mac gear in Europe?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 12:24:10 PM »
comes up in the UK every so often.  People do not list things properly so you have to scour the listings by punching in different searches.

a mix setup went recently

888/24 etc all day long and should be no more than 20-50 pounds. Mix card 40-50

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 10:35:56 PM »
comes up in the UK every so often.  People do not list things properly so you have to scour the listings by punching in different searches.

Pretty much the same deal in Sweden. When I bought my Mix 24 stuff I made a couple of “want to buy” ads on different Swedish advertising sites and then my mailbox filled up pretty quickly with people wanting to sell me their old Mix gear.
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline Syn-Fi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 12:38:40 AM »
given how much this stuff was when new people don't seem to throw it out - unless they traded it back to digi/avid.  the price is also low because digidesign made so many iterations afterwards.

the 888/24 sounds really good too... inside lots of WIMA poly/film caps...fan ...separate power linear regulation etc. 

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 11:20:32 AM »

Pretty much the same deal in Sweden. When I bought my Mix 24 stuff I made a couple of “want to buy” ads on different Swedish advertising sites and then my mailbox filled up pretty quickly with people wanting to sell me their old Mix gear.

Which sites?

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 12:12:40 PM »
Which sites?

The best site for that type of ad is https://vend.se/
There's http://blocket.se/ which is like a common ad page, like gumtree or something like that.
Then there's "Swedish eBay" https://tradera.com that started life around the time eBay started.
Swedes buy stuff on international eBay, but usually don't sell stuff. That happens more or less only on Tradera if one wants to auction something off.

I have had best luck with Vend, which is the site I pretty much bought all my Mix 24 stuff from.
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline Syn-Fi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 07:06:15 AM »
also google search, time limited.

it will throw up stuff on Finnish marketplace or Marktplatz too.

you can also automate these searches so you get an email when something comes up