Author Topic: Mac OS 9.2.2 Universal Install - ISO CD Image did not complete  (Read 3087 times)

Offline PG3_drive2018

• Newcomer
Mac OS 9.2.2 Universal Install - ISO CD Image did not complete
« on: September 16, 2018, 01:04:36 PM »
Following the limited instructions after booting the ISO CD on my G3 Powerbook (M5343), the screen split into yellow/blue with the word "ok" highlighted on the last line of the top screen section.  A command line was available.  When I typed ok, it was duplicated on the next command line.  The installation process halted.  I was able to reboot the previously formatted 9.1. hard drive  Tried to "mac-boot" a second time and the process was halted with the appearenec of "ok."  Again the installation did not continue.
What should I do next to install 9.2.2 on this 6GB drive.

Offline FdB

• Platinum Member
  • And then...
OS 9.2.2 Universal Install
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 06:25:01 PM »
If you’re not seeing the ReadMe file and Disk Setup 1.9.2 when booting from the CD created from the Universal Installer ISO… you may need to burn another disc. Both of the aforementioned items auto-open together when booting from the properly created Universal Installer disc. (Holding down that C-key at startup with Universal Installer disc in the tray.)

I’ve had trouble before burning useable discs using different machines & OS versions but have found that if you move the downloaded ISO file to the machine that you’ve targeted to install it on… AND THEN burn the CD from that machine before attempting the install, it often reduces some possibility of problems.

Shouldn’t have to resort to open firmware boots. The ReadMe covers the necessary steps.
This Must Be The Place