Author Topic: struggling to install PCR-30 Edirol Midi Controller  (Read 6171 times)

supernova777

struggling to install PCR-30 Edirol Midi Controller
« on: December 29, 2013, 12:54:05 PM »
OMS is not recognizing it.. neither do i get a device driver popup the way i do when i connect it to my mdd..

im on the quiksilver 867mhz machine running 9.2.2
is there some extensions or something i need?
the evoluton mk-225c midi usb keyboard worked fine on my sawtooth

whats goin on how come oms cant see the midi controller
ive loaded the driver.. its not working
.. any tips pleasE?

Offline arjen_1

• Gold Member
  • Mac Midi & Audio Aficionado
Re: struggling to install PCR-30 Edirol Midi Controller
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 12:10:51 AM »
Did you install the proper Edirol driver for OS9? (http://www.roland.com/support/article/?q=downloads&p=PCR-M30)
My pcr works great with OMS & USB.

Greetz,
Arjen
Powermac g4 933mhz quicksilver

supernova777

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 10:37:57 AM »
lo' and behold.. I tried it with a different USB cable and it works fine.. I hate it when stupid things like this trip me up.. excuse me i have a usb cable to cut into very tiny peices + obliterate
;)

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 12:13:23 PM »
 ok now im struggling trying to get the controlls to be able to  map in reason v1.0  they seem to naturally have a different template.. and its not picking it up.. i know the pcr shows 3 different midi devices in oms.. one for the midi in/out ports on the keyboard (hardware  midi)
and one for the keys.. and one for the controlls? i think?

hmmm
im trying to do a basic "midi learn" to get it to pick up the sliderrs but its not showing any midi activity when i move the controller i want to map!!!

Offline arjen_1

• Gold Member
  • Mac Midi & Audio Aficionado
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 12:31:44 PM »
Still a struggle? The PCR has 3 ports.
-1 for using it as a plain midi keyboard
-1 for sending daw control messages
-1 for sending midi in/out (physical ports in the back)

Did you try to make a setup with the Roland PCR editor? There's a bunch of templates available.

Greetz,
Arjen
Powermac g4 933mhz quicksilver

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 04:40:57 PM »
I Have a PCR-300 at home and I mapped all the sliders to Cubase Faders... I can look at the Hardware controller numbers in Cubase, but I don't know if the 30 uses the same values as the 300...

On My PCR-300 i Mapped knobs R1 thru R8 to Pan knobs for Tracks 1-8 (then 9-16) and sliders S1 thru S8 for Tracks 1-8 (then 9-16) faders

supernova777

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 06:16:56 PM »
I Have a PCR-300 at home and I mapped all the sliders to Cubase Faders... I can look at the Hardware controller numbers in Cubase, but I don't know if the 30 uses the same values as the 300...

On My PCR-300 i Mapped knobs R1 thru R8 to Pan knobs for Tracks 1-8 (then 9-16) and sliders S1 thru S8 for Tracks 1-8 (then 9-16) faders

this is exactly why i bought this keyboard second hand after reading all the provided templates made by edirol japan that are provided as downloads on their site for these keyboards.... http://www.roland.com/support/article/?q=downloads&p=PCR-30
im realy refreshingly suprised by edirol japan. they really do provide the service u would expect from a company that produces products..i mean look they have windows 8 drives.. osx 10.9.. etc etc for a product that is over 10 years old.. amazing ie: THEY ACTUALLY KNOW WTF THEY ARE DOING lol unlike alot of other companies that really dont seem to have any technical staff providing ongoing support but seem to one-off contracts to get "items to sell" and milk for profit