Author Topic: Motu Fastlane OMS/Freemidi problems  (Read 3439 times)

Offline Dave 23

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
Motu Fastlane OMS/Freemidi problems
« on: September 04, 2018, 05:29:11 AM »

Mac mini 1.42 running modded OS 9.2.2, Logic 6.4.1- all working great.
  Motu Fastlane is not detected by OMS though- auto setup only contains Quicktime music, Iac Driver and Studio Patches pgm chg

FreeMidi 1.48 is installed (includes Fastlane driver).

Can anyone walk me through the FM/OMS installation process? ...(and how to enable in LAP 6.4.1...I was pretty sketchy on this back in 2002- even more so now!)
 In the past I had success on an eMac running 9.2.2 native (Fastlane driver/icon showed up in OMS setup)...but can't remember how I did it..... :o

Btw, my needs are quite minimal- I just want to slave the Mini running Rebirth to an OSX machine running Logic... is the Fastlane an ok choice or should I be looking at something more "professional" to ensure best possible timing?

thanks for any help/ insights...

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: Motu Fastlane OMS/Freemidi problems
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 06:53:36 AM »
normally you only have to run the installer and reboot.

if there is something wrong with out OMS 238, the motu installer would complain.

in case you did a "manual" installation you might become confused with the motu OMS driver beeing called something like "motu usb" ... and put  it in /extensions instead of the OMS folder?

according to the manual, it is only one file for each of the jobs: one OMS driver, one FM driver, one USB driver.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline Dave 23

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 03:28:34 PM »
I think you could be right about "motu usb"....   I managed to copy the relevant extensions from the eMac and it all suddenly worked.
     It's a long time since I last looked at Os9 !
..also I'm in uncharted territory with a modded os on a mac mini, so I'm not sure what's a glitch in the Matrix and what's not at the moment... :o
 Thanks for your help.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 05:13:20 PM »
everything should operate "normal" except the built-in audio hardware.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline Metrophage

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 05:26:29 PM »
I haven't used FreeMIDI, but whenever I have made any significant changes to my configuration I remind myself to run the OMS Setup application so that it knows what drivers/ports I want it to use. Sometimes this has puzzled me when I forget which Mac is set up for what gear.