Author Topic: Guitar Tuner VST?  (Read 9246 times)

Offline WhiteWarlock

• Enthusiast Member
  • SynthWizards/N01ZE
    • SynthWizards
Re: Guitar Tuner VST?
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 07:11:01 PM »
beware
using tuner with modular may result in notes and scales and actual compositions
that can get your wigglin' license suspended/revoked
you are just supposed to turn it on stand back then wiggle some knobs
and your elite modules pretty much do everything
phuk a Sduck :P
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 11:44:46 PM by WhiteWarlock »

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2018, 09:49:22 PM »
The man asked for a "guitar tuner" VST…NOT an app, NOT a clamp-on guitar tuner - a bloody VST
So what the f are YOU talking about?

right, the man asked for a guitar tuner. and as far as i remember i am the only one in this thread who was talking about a guitar tuner VST, too.

right after i mentioned it, you claimed it wouldnt exist.

i know that it is out of fashion to stay on topic in these days, but when you now cant any longer follow the thread, this is not my fault.

it is not my problem either. :D

And perhaps you would also be so kind as to explain how you do ANYthing with an analog synth without a cable.

if you want to tune an instrument you run a tuner and then you play the instrument. there does not need to be any kind of cable connection at all between the two. you could even use different mixers and different speakers for the synth and the DAW where the tuner runs.

if a "connection" would be required between a tuner and an instrument, it would be impossible to tune acoustic guitars and pianos, dont you think. want me to make a drawing?

and i dont think you need to explain an owner of a modularsynth that you also need cables to operate it. he has probably already unboxed it and connected it using cables. but tuning can be done without. :)

soooo... this was the beginners lesson for today. tomorrow we can talk about "strings" on a guitar and how to use them without autotune, just ask.

hth
I'm going to deal with this once, and once only. You, Mr. IIO are a fucking asshole…period. I've suspected it for a long time but I've always given you the benefit of the doubt, especially when you were going around and around with Mr. Nova. But no more.

1) Neurocrash asked it there was a VST guitar tuner.

2) Within 5 minutes of each other, I said no, I don't know of one, I mentioned Autotune and HE had no trouble understanding me.
     You said "the 20 year old steinberg tuner should be available as "liberated" version, I´ll have a look tomorrow. there are probably also some standalone utils, but i see how you prefer plugs.

3) You then decided to begin throwing shade all over the place about "guitar players who don't know what a tuner is" etc.

4) I also said "How are you going to tune a synth without cabling? HE answered "I meant RE-cabling" Again…no misunderstanding there.
  You said: "if a "connection" would be required between a tuner and an instrument, it would be impossible to tune acoustic guitars and pianos, dont you think. want me to make a drawing?"……More uncalled for bullshit insult

Nobody was talking about acoustic guitars, piano, or anything other than electronic analog synths. Except of course, you.
The only drawing I can think of to put here would be you with your head up your ass.

So, having noted all of that:   Fuck your "beginners lessons" and especially, fuck you.

Offline WhiteWarlock

• Enthusiast Member
  • SynthWizards/N01ZE
    • SynthWizards
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2018, 01:16:45 AM »
MAX/MSP hint:
if you wanted to build your own tuner I recommend looking for the [fiddle~] and [pitch~] objects.
They are not included in the standard max distribution but if you search maxobjects.com for them you will be able to find them
then make some VST thingy with PLUGGO
https://drumbot.com/projects/guitar_tuner/
http://besttuneronline.com/en/
http://www.tunerr.com/
bottom line is really whatever you can make work as your solution
otherwise...
create your own Mac Classic OS VST chromatic tuner utility
searched... can't find any
or you can just use some Mac Classic OS VSTi
or a digital synth
then match tuning pitch "zero crossing" by ear
~shrug~

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2018, 10:16:37 AM »
mda TestTone VST can generate a tone of any audible frequency, I use it for many things, it's sounds can be used a reference frequency for tuning anything.
Please don't PM about things that are not private.