Author Topic: Mac mini 1.42Ghz booting 9.2.2 ...Total Success!  (Read 5280 times)

Offline Dave 23

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
Mac mini 1.42Ghz booting 9.2.2 ...Total Success!
« on: September 03, 2018, 10:56:16 AM »

Just thought I'd confirm the total ease of getting this G4 mini to boot os9.

The machine was given to me for nothing, literally 1hour later I was booting 9.2.2 and installing my favorite software from yesteryear... :)

I downloaded the install .iso from a link on Youtube-      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9G5T0ZaWok

(from Ross Darker)... many thanks Ross!

Installation could not have been easier. ( I've had more trouble installing "supported" Os/software at times...)
    Another small victory is having access to software titles I paid a lot of $$$ back in the day... i just have to remember how to work it !

Thanks everybody for the amazing work being done on this forum....is there any hope for a G4 1.67 Al Powerbook os9 installer?

Offline RossDarker

• Gold Member
Re: Mac mini 1.42Ghz booting 9.2.2 ...Total Success!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 11:38:45 AM »
Good to hear. Mustn't forget the guys that did the ROM and the Graphics Extensions though.

That powerbook I believe has a graphics card too new, but I might be wrong. Might be possible to have one of those booting Mac OS 9 and all working perfectly if Mac OS 9  and all extensions become open source. Though that might be a long time.

Offline Dave 23

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Mac mini 1.42Ghz booting 9.2.2 ...Total Success!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 06:24:33 AM »

Hi Ross-
                Thanks for the reply. Very grateful for all the hard work put in by everybody... amazing results. Whodda thunk we could be running OS9 with some horsepower in 2018...

I must admit the technical details are way over my head, but it was your post on YouTube with the installer link that gave me the incentive to actually try this.
  So thanks again for taking the time to make this understandable/possible for the layman.

Hats off to you sir!