Author Topic: Digidesign expansion chasis advice  (Read 4749 times)

Offline Custos

• Veteran Member
Digidesign expansion chasis advice
« on: July 11, 2018, 01:05:09 PM »
Just got an expansion chassis for cheap didn't come with a card for the g4 to connect to it or a cable. Any idea what type of card I would need. Is it a regular ads I cable?
"A mistake is only an error. It only becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it."  -John Lennon

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
Re: Digidesign expansion chasis advice
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 04:26:16 PM »
Just got an expansion chassis for cheap didn't come with a card for the g4 to connect to it or a cable. Any idea what type of card I would need. Is it a regular ads I cable?

It would be far less trouble to get another chassis that comes with all the required cables, especially the daisy chain cable that goes between the TDM cards.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 11:19:02 PM »
Any idea what type of card I would need. Is it a regular ads I cable?

Is it Magma or SBS? How many slots? The Magma usually need a host card for the computer and also a card that plugs into the chassis. A lot of the SBS chassis have a 'Built in' chassis card so you'd just need the host card for that. The cables/connectors are different for each brand... they look like a big fat head duty ribbon cable.

Offline Trace-Elliot

• Enthusiast Member
  • brand new member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 10:00:04 AM »
tons of Digidesign Hardware and historic apple maschines .... based in germany ...