Author Topic: Help installing Steinberg VST instruments  (Read 15160 times)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: Help installing Steinberg VST instruments
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2020, 05:21:22 AM »
the long waiting time is the authorisation.

on a side note: to reauthorise steinberg/waldorf products after harddisk failure, simply install a copy of the plain plug-in file into the desktop, then delete it.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline GP

• Valued Member
  • Ex Apple Technician & Current Nerd
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2020, 05:55:15 AM »
Okay I'm trying something else and spent some time making new images.

I basically opened the ISO's in OSX, copied the contents of each disc to MacOS9, created a new hybrid extended hfs + windows disc for each set of files and burned discs.

When inserted, the disc mounts normally now and the installer recognises it and seems to be trying to install (not asking for the CD).

I will upload a 3 CD version and a singular DVD version in toast image format in order to solve this issue soon if all works out. The mac "update" installer will also be included on Disc 1 because it can be and this will clear up confusion.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:44:36 PM by GP »

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2020, 01:03:02 PM »
that would be useful. i´ve never managed to transfer the protection scheme to another volume. you think that works?

Offline GP

• Valued Member
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2020, 06:56:47 PM »
that would be useful. i´ve never managed to transfer the protection scheme to another volume. you think that works?

I might of jumped the gun. I guess I don't know enough about the protection scheme in place to make it work. I thought it was working as the installer didn't complain about inserting the disc but actually the installer just stops responding. I left it overnight and it's still done nothing. So I guess it doesn't work and we really need the images to be made properly from the original discs. I think the download should be probably be removed from macos9lives because it's pretty useless for native OS9 setup as far as I can see.

I could install OSX on the same machine (instead of trying to migrate from another mac with OSX and classic installed) and install that way somehow, but I don't really want to install OSX just for the soul purpose of installing the grand.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:47:36 PM by GP »

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2020, 03:48:03 AM »
one alternative could be to put several (correct) image files on one DVD. they will install from mounted images, too. at least saves a few media and you cant loose your content discs. :) i once did that with several CDs i own legally.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2020, 05:47:37 PM »
I think the download should be probably be removed from macos9lives because it's pretty useless for native OS9 setup as far as I can see.

Should be working, you can try to PM Mactron

Offline GP

• Valued Member
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2020, 04:06:25 AM »
Hi all,
as far as I remember, it took me also a while to install "THE GRAND". Via OS9 it doesn't work because the CDs (as written here) are not recognized when burnt.
It did a trick for me: I have OS 10.3.9 on the same partition and I recognized that OS X sees the TheGrand-CD. I just started my system with OS X and OS9 inside with classic mode. Because OS X saw the CD, I started it there and installed "TheGrand" in the Classic (OS9) VST folder. This trick did it for me.

Well I guess I bothered to try this and it actually worked. I was only able to get it working via installing using the classic environment under Mac OS X 10.4 then rebooting back into macOS 9 on the same machine. Without OS X dual booting on the same machine, the current images on this site simply cause the cd to be ejected under mac OS 9 as mentioned originally.