Author Topic: Business Idea for you guys  (Read 3832 times)

Offline SonikArchitects

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
Business Idea for you guys
« on: July 01, 2018, 12:35:13 PM »
Hey guys!

I'll make this quick. If one or more of the members did this, you could sell them like they were going out of style (on Ebay or directly). Here's the idea.

Make pre-built, hot-rod, working OS9 music systems. Pre-loaded and working with whatever software the user wants. Tested, re-tested, soak tested etc to death. Perfectly working systems.

You guys could make ones with this crazy new 9.3 thing (just can't even) you've been working on.
I know so many people that would buy these it's nuts. I'll be your first customer. I'd like the fastest mint condition Mac laptop running Logic 6.43 and a host of other stuff. I'll be an easy customer, I've got a stock boot system I use.

Telling you, you guys could sell a lot of these!!
Best,
_BT

Offline Astroman

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Business Idea for you guys
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 03:06:59 PM »
I case this turned out into any kind of 'business' it would likely summon up the copyright holders of most supposedly abandoned software...
Don't wake up the dogs (as a local proverb goes) ;)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 03:10:59 PM »

i was thinking about selling custom software with a G4 mini and remote desktop solution all included.

but then i figured that it doesnt make much sense because my custom software would run on 10.14 just as well. :)
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 06:12:15 PM »
Make pre-built, hot-rod, working OS9 music systems. Pre-loaded and working with whatever software the user wants. Tested, re-tested, soak tested etc to death. Perfectly working systems.

You guys could make ones with this crazy new 9.3 thing (just can't even) you've been working on.
I know so many people that would buy these it's nuts. I'll be your first customer. I'd like the fastest mint condition Mac laptop running Logic 6.43 and a host of other stuff. I'll be an easy customer, I've got a stock boot system I use.

Telling you, you guys could sell a lot of these!!
Best,
_BT

I did exactly that for many years on ebay as a complete "G4 Music Studio"; The image I used is very close to the "Instant DAW" but was harder because I had to still hand install a few apps.  I actually stopped when shipping got totally out of control, it costs close to $100 to ship a G4 these days if you box it correctly, I would of course removed the handles; the packing alone takes me over an hour to double box, add foam, add bubble.  Many here who have gotten "Diehard" care packages can tell you I over-do shipping because Fed-Ex and UPS have part-time guys that just love to break stuff. The units I sold included an M-Audio 2496 PCI and (2) 500 GB Hard drives;  I still get emails from the people that bought them, many are still in use.  Mac minis might do the trick these days bundles with the USB transit since they would be much easier to ship.