Author Topic: Pro Tools for M-Audio Audiophile Firewire  (Read 6911 times)

Offline Nandos0804

• Valued Member
  • PPC lover
Pro Tools for M-Audio Audiophile Firewire
« on: June 22, 2018, 01:18:28 AM »
I recently bought an used m audio audiophile firewire, but it came without ilok nor license. I was wondering if there is a version of pro tools that i can use free of any charge with my 2 mac(PowerBook G4 1.67 17" (DLSD/HR - Al) running mac os 10.5.8 or iBook G3/900 14-Inch (Early 2003 - Op) running 10.4.11).

macStuff

Re: Pro Tools for M-Audio Audiophile Firewire
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 10:50:33 PM »
u dont need a ilok or license..
the interface itself authorizes the software

but this has nothing to do with macos9 obviously
what u want to track down is m-powered 7.x.. more specifically.. 7.4 i think
i have the cd here but u can download this stuff straight from digidesigns support site
http://secure.digidesign.com/services/avid/kb/downloads.cfm?digiArticleId=43374

actually wait.. i do have iloks for that...
sorry i forgot. i think the only version u can use without an ilok is m-powered 7.4 on windows because its cracked

actually i cant remember for sure..
i know i do have an ilok for 7.4 that is red..
and i have another ilok for 8.x that is an ilok i had to buy and load the m-powered 8 license onto

but like i said there is a version u can run on windows that requires no ilok
i think u do need a m-powered ilok but it should be pretty easy to track down on ebay
well at least it used to be i remembe rsomeone selling the red iloks real cheap like 10-20$

anyway u can dig around here on my site for any and all info i collected on the topic
http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/index.php/board,6.0.html

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:01:59 PM by macStuff »

Offline Nandos0804

• Valued Member
  • PPC lover
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 05:15:59 PM »

but like i said there is a version u can run on windows that requires no ilok
i think u do need a m-powered ilok but it should be pretty easy to track down on ebay
well at least it used to be i remembe rsomeone selling the red iloks real cheap
Thank You for your reply, i already bought an ilok 2nd gen new,and i'd like not to use pirated nor cracked software. On ebay.it i cant find anyone selling license for pro tools 7 or 8 m powered.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 08:46:11 PM »
I recently bought an used m audio audiophile firewire, but it came without ilok nor license. I was wondering if there is a version of pro tools that i can use free of any charge with my 2 mac(PowerBook G4 1.67 17" (DLSD/HR - Al) running mac os 10.5.8 or iBook G3/900 14-Inch (Early 2003 - Op) running 10.4.11).
The G3 900 should run native Mac OS 9. (In fact is the last official Mac OS 9 machine)

I would try Protools Free on Mac OS 9 At first. Or Protools 3.4 with PowerMix engine.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 10:57:01 PM by Protools5LEGuy »
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 11:13:33 PM »
u dont need a ilok or license..
the interface itself authorizes the software

i think the only version u can use without an ilok is m-powered 7.4 on windows because its cracked

AFaIK you have 2 M'Powered without iLok versions, both cracked; one for Intel Mac (8.0.4)and the other for Windows(7.4).

There were a mixer brand distribuited by Peavey (Alesis'??) that sold a Hack for a working (legit) m'powered that Makes the computer believe you have an M-Audio Lightbridge. But only worked for Mpowered 7.4 IIRC.

Official support for m audio audiophile firewire ends in Lion, but these Guys from this forum http://maudio.boards.net/thread/4/firewire-working-capitan-install-package have extended
OS X El Capitan (10.11) and Yosemite (10.10) (macOS Sierra support "in the works") installable driver package for :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FireWire Solo
ProFire Lightbridge
NRV10
ProjectMix I/O
Ozonic
Firewire 1814
FireWire 410
FireWire Audiophile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have put together a new driver install-package that will install in OS X 10.10 and 10.11 (El Capitan) with no issues. M-Audio app (in system preferences panel) is still not working, though the driver works perfectly fine and can be controlled by Apple's "Audio Midi Setup" app. Please test it and give your feedbacks.

M-Audio's "community forum" admins do not want this information available (they really want people to buy new devices.. very ecological), so we post it here.
Download here:
www.dropbox.com/s/waxpi9bpezzb4kg/M-Audio_FireWire_El_Capitan_Install_Uninstall.zip?dl=1
With this package the drivers install in El Capitan friendly /Library/Extensions/, rather than /System/Library/Extensions/.

INSTALLATION:
(1)
Remember that the signed driver requirement of OS X must be disabled.
In recovery mode in El Capitan (CMD+R at boot):
"csrutil enable --without kext" at the terminal.
or
By 'nvram' boot-flag in Yosemite:
"sudo nvram boot-args=kext-dev-mode=1" at the terminal.

(2)
Reboot.

(3)
Double click installer. Follow instructions.

(4)
Shut down.

(5)
Connect and turn on device.

(6)
Boot up and be happy. Enjoy!

As for the uninstaller, I have simply wrapped it inside an installer package for easy uninstallation that actually works in El Capitan. The original uninstaller app will be activated by the "installer uninstaller" package, select it when it pops up and follow instructions. The script is also updated to also uninstall the driver itself from the new directory.

Many of the settings for the card can be adjusted in Apple's "Audio Midi Setup" app.

Tell me how it goes.

just bought one unit...  ;D
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

macStuff

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 12:59:34 AM »
Thank You for your reply, i already bought an ilok 2nd gen new,and i'd like not to use pirated nor cracked software. On ebay.it i cant find anyone selling license for pro tools 7 or 8 m powered.

the only thing u can do is track down the proper red ilok
the 2nd gen ilok u will not be able to put an m-powered license on it
when i did it it was already after the fact.. and they were asking me questions like.. how did u buy this? etc
i had bought a copy of 7.4 back around 2014 and they were reluctant even then to give me proper service
but in the end they upgraded me to 8.04 and gave me a license onto my 2nd gen ilok - i highly doubt u wouild be able to get their assistance in this way.. even if u had a new old stock brand new copy of 7.4

to be honest i think you could have success by posting ads on other websites like gearsluts etc
and just ask for someone to sell you their old license
some people will want to hang on to their old ilok
but some people who need money and have it laying aroujnd collecting dust should give to u for a very small fee

good luck
the best advice would be to dump the m-audio interface + get yourself a digi 002 or digi 003 and use PTLE

Offline Nandos0804

• Valued Member
  • PPC lover
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 01:06:17 AM »
Official support for m audio audiophile firewire ends in Lion, but these Guys from this forum http://maudio.boards.net/thread/4/firewire-working-capitan-install-package have extended
OS X El Capitan (10.11) and Yosemite (10.10) (macOS Sierra support "in the works")
Thank you man, i didn't know about this! I really needed it since my main Mac is a iMac (20 inch, late 2007) is running El Capitan. Finally i can use it with my updated Os.

Offline Nandos0804

• Valued Member
  • PPC lover
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 01:13:45 AM »
the only thing u can do is track down the proper red ilok
the 2nd gen ilok u will not be able to put an m-powered license on it

to be honest i think you could have success by posting ads on other websites like gearsluts etc

the best advice would be to dump the m-audio interface + get yourself a digi 002 or digi 003 and use PTLE
Man, your advice are really helpfull, so the fact that i bought a 2nd gen makes me unable to use it even if i had one license.

I will try to post on gearsluts but this takes us on why i bought an used maudio audiophile and not a digi 002 or digi 003 (wich i use regurarly at work for the studio, but i cant take home where i mix most of the time). In this moment i'm low on budget but i need to use pro tools since more clients are coming with project on older version of pro tools, and when i say "ok, lets open it on pro tools first" they get fed up.