Author Topic: rewire dll issue  (Read 23102 times)

Offline claudio

• Valued Member
rewire dll issue
« on: December 21, 2013, 01:38:03 PM »
Hi friends,
I'm working with cubase VST/32 5.1 and I have installed Halion from the macintoshgarden.org. In my system (9.9.2) I have also installed Reason 2.5. When I open Halion instrument as Cubase plugin, a message alert me and cubase shut down. The alert message tell me: "Verify ReWire Dll.cpp(994): verify failure". Someone has the same problem or can help me? In may G4 Powermac I have 750Mb of Ram.
Claudio

supernova777

Re: rewire dll issue
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 02:57:50 AM »
not sure of the fix for this
what order did u install the programs?
if u had reason installed before cubase reinstall reason AGAIN
because it will overwrite this rewire.dll file with the proper one

Offline claudio

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 04:54:46 AM »
Hi Chris,
I have installed Cubase first. Now I've unplug the Pulsar audio Cards and seems to me more stable (if I load tree instrument I receive the same rewiredell advice).
Reason run good with Cubase also before the unplug. The only problem was with virtual instruments. I've a Powermac Digital with 433 MHZ Processor.
Ciao

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 07:00:43 AM »
i like to use reason 1.0 instead of 2.5
its alot lighter in resources + unless u really need to use the nnxt or other features of reason 2.5 i would suggest tryin 1.0 !
it works great on my 450mhz sawtooth.. but 2.5 is a bit too sluggy on it for my liking..
i would run 2.5 on a mdd or quicksilver+ system 867+mhz systems
also i think if u had reason 1.0 theres a chance u wouldnt have this rewire problem
i think..

Offline claudio

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 09:46:21 AM »
Yes, I can try it! I write about...
Claudio

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 08:51:22 PM »
claudio_61...

Make sure to set the Cubase (Host Program) Memory to 450,000 and the Reason 2.5 memory to 150,000; you have 750 MB so these numbers should be a good baseline

1) Launch Cubase.

2) When Cubase has finished loading, launch Reason. Reason will automatically enter ReWire slave mode, as indicated on the Hardware Interface. This means that all audio now is handled by Cubase

Offline claudio

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »
Hi DieHard,
thank you for the message, but probably I not express well the issue: is not Reason (that work well stand alone and in rewire) but Halion that halt Cubase. Every time I open the Halion instrument interface, Cubase halts and I receive the alert message rewiredll etc. I give up to use Halion. I think that is the solution...
At the best.
Claudio 

supernova777

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 06:49:34 PM »
claudio
i had the same thing happen when i tried to use halion on my g4 450mhz im trying to remember if it crashed in my mdd aswell
but i know that i DID give up using halion.... i havent got it to work either as of yet so you are not alone..
perhaps it is the copy that has something wrong with it....?
i have been planning on testing this but its work i havent done yet as i have been waiting for some other midi equipment to get shipped to me!

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 07:17:27 PM »
How much RAM do you have allocated to Cubase ?... (trust me, this is very Important, must be at least 300,000 to work well with Halion)

Also make sure you do the Halion 1.13 Update

supernova777

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 08:04:48 PM »
diehard:
if the same thing is happening to him as it happened to me, the computer itself freezes entirely when halion is run and you need to do a reboot to continue

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 08:09:44 PM »
I have played over 24 tracks with 2 halions loaded with no issues, but the slowest machines used was a QS 867, so we need to figure out what is going on here, please try my 9.2.2 drag install as many drivers are updated, and make sure Cubase is updated to 5.1r1 and memory allocated is at lease 300,000; lastly that halion is 1.13 rev

Offline claudio

• Valued Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 01:27:21 PM »
Hi,
yes the allocated memory is 400.000K. I have also update Halion at version 1.13 and use cubase rev is 5.1.r1.
I have tested cubase with many VI and it run well. Halion freeze computer immediately!
Now (after the test after the 10000 freeze), Disk first aid tell me that there is a problem in HD:
BTree not valid 0, 0. The program cannot repair the issue. Could be this the cause of the rewiredll cpp failure. Norton and Disk first Aid, cannot repair this error. There a link with a good program to repair HD in os9?
Claudio
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:35:49 PM by claudio_61 »

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 03:30:09 PM »
No Fix (Disk Warrior, Norton, etc)... I can only guess you accessed the drive via OS X at some point and wrote to it... I have seen this error many times... Probably should re-partition re-do OS.

supernova777

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 10:09:16 PM »
Disk first aid tell me that there is a problem in HD:
BTree not valid 0, 0. The program cannot repair the issue. Could be this the cause of the rewiredll cpp failure. Norton and Disk first Aid, cannot repair this error.

did u access the drive from osx? do u have osx installed on the same drive?

perhaps diehard needs to find a way to make this information public
Jerry you realy have alot of info that you arent communicating
the same way that i wrote down all the info about all the gear..
u need to write some guide threads on install procedures
theres alot of noobs out there that have no clue and unless u explain everything
they are always going to run into issues
u literally have to do it yourself + write down every step as u go.. to show someone else
how to do it
 not sure if u have the time, but it would almost be easier for u to do this
then for us to respond everytime someone has a problem

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Mac OS X accessing OS 9 Drives
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 12:39:51 PM »
I created the "drag install" of 9.2.2 so that many MDD owners with large hard drives do not need to install OS X to get 9.2.2; Using the drive setup from the drag install will partition drives over 128GB, if you hard drive is less than 128GB and your mac will boot to a 9.X CD-ROM, than you can install 9.X via CD patch to 9.2.2.  The drag install method is quicker for MDDs and you don't ever have to take the chance that OSX will mount any OS 9 partitions.

Chris, Please post where you want...

Years ago I gave up on attempting to use one drive as my master backup system since mounting OS 9 volumes under OS X 10.5 and 10.6 will eventually write info to the volume that OS 9 cannot understand and create various Btree errors when running the OS 9 disk First Aid utility; also, I have not found a utility that can defrag any volumes over 190GB under OS 9; so as a general rule of thumb...

Use one external backup drive system for all Macs 8.6 thru 9.2.2 and different one for OS X Macs.  Also keep all OS 9 Volumes to 190GB or smaller and use Norton Speed disk to optimize (defrag).  Dual booting should be avoided... OS 9 volumes do not generate any errors if the G3/G4 is left Mac OS 9 only.

Offline claudio

• Valued Member
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 04:28:53 PM »
Hi,
after the btree error in the os9 partition, I have installed the programs in the OSX partition (using 9.2.2 system) but with no luck. Is wise, as dieHard write, use a different disk for OS9.
I will try to format the disk hoping in a new file system, otherwise I will have to decide to buy a new disk...I let you know.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:36:23 PM by claudio_61 »

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 07:17:04 PM »
Drive is fine... just repartition and re-install Mac OS 9, errors will be gone

supernova777

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 04:18:18 PM »
i installed cubase 4.1r2.. and im trying to get reason 1.0 (no update yet) to work with rewire
and basically reason launches in rewire mode.. but i cant play anything in reason.. and the timelines are not synched.. and if i press play to prview any sounds ijn reason anywhere, the light for that sound willl stay lit... and stuck on... and stays that way....

clearly its a rewire problem.. i have to figure this out. ive read many things sayng that cubase 4.1r2's rewire was working perfectly even before 5.1's was... so it should work!

supernova777

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 04:29:11 PM »
ive just tested ableton live 3.0 works fine with cubase 4.1r2 over rewire on my g4 450mhz AGP sawtooth
so im assuming that this is a problem that is to do with reason v1.0...
and it might be NECCESSARY to upgrade reason v1.0 to v1.0.1 to have the rewire
function properly.. im going to test this now i guess by installing the update..
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:54:58 PM by chrisNova777 »

supernova777

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 10:52:15 AM »
perhaps this halion needs to be tested again
because, like i said, i had the same results as claudi61..
it froze my computer 100% .. mouse pointer + All.. forcing a reboot
after running the app.

imo therse no way this is a case of the cpu speed being too slow
it has to be some other fatal error happening here

claudio61: if u come back to this thread can u please give some details of the mac u were using for this?
what mhz? what model? how much ram?> etc