Author Topic: Cubase VST Score 4.1 (1999)  (Read 7326 times)

Offline Romain

Cubase VST Score 4.1 (1999)
« on: June 18, 2018, 09:53:58 AM »
Hello,
does anybody have this cubase CD (VST Score 4.1)? I have the serial number and the authorization-code, unfortunately the CD is lost.
Steinberg archives don't have it.
Thanks for any advice.
Romain

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Cubase VST Score 4.1 (1999)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 10:15:56 AM »
We have it here:
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,3218.0.html

Remember that the CD image has all versions, so read the notes about the "Serial Number" trick to get the version you want

Offline Romain

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 02:41:56 PM »
Hello DieHard,
thanks a lot for the link. I tried it but unfortunately it didn't work. Cubase crashes when I try to launch it.
Maybe it's because I am not able to install Quicktime again (after a restore); or because I have already so many versions of Cubase which I have tried lately. There was no "long-time-installation" for authorization as described in your link, in spite of having followed exactly all the instructions. I will continue trying...
Romain

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 05:15:07 PM »
Trash ALL cubase preferences BEFORE re-installing, that should fix the "crash when launching" Symptom'

Also we have Cubase 5 (score also) that will authorize if you burn an actual CD from the image, then you can open version 4 projects

macStuff

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 09:56:23 PM »
yes u have to burn a real cd...
you cant use virtual image mount
it does work 100% so u are making an error somewhere

macStuff

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 10:20:38 PM »
Trash ALL cubase preferences BEFORE re-installing, that should fix the "crash when launching" Symptom'

Also we have Cubase 5 (score also) that will authorize if you burn an actual CD from the image, then you can open version 4 projects

not everyone is aware of how to trash preferences.... u need to be more literal + explanative, detail oriented, its 2018... macos9 is ancient forgotten history to most

Offline Romain

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 11:14:54 PM »
Hello.
thanks a lot, I will try again. Only one doubt: does Cubase require the presence of Quicktime to open? I can't remember that.
Furthermore, beside my old Mac G4 I am working on now, I wanted also to install Cubase in a Sheepshaver-version in a Macbook, at least for reading my old
scores (even without midi and audio). Now when you say that Cubase authorizing does not accept an image instead of the real CD it might become difficult.
Romain

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 04:33:43 PM »
I you have no CD, you can download the "Instant DAW" and restore the image, it is my gift to you :) and Cubase is already authorized, so is a million (well maybe not a million) plugins... no CD needed and you can open ALL 4 products... only bummer is "No scoring" but you can download something else to satisfy that

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,2716.0.html

macStuff

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 10:59:01 PM »
i dont think the sheepshaver thing is going to work with the instant daw???
or does it?

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2018, 11:32:11 AM »
i dont think the sheepshaver thing is going to work with the instant daw???
or does it?

No, it won't... I totally missed that.  I have tried and tried to figure out how to load old project on my Mac Pro so I don't have to power up the G4 and all tests have failed :)  There are several "hoops" to jump thru
1) Sheepshit peaks out at 9.0.4 so Cubase VST 5 and many other DAWs need at least 9.1
2) audio engines just "crash" and don't load under emulation :(

Havn't had time to attempt a QEMU setup yet

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2022, 01:38:09 PM »
qemu will manage eventually
then theres rumors from the gamecube emulation community

anyone know an audio interface that works with instant daw on powerbooks

usb firewire ?
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts