Author Topic: Timbuktu DOES Work in High Sierra (10.13.X)  (Read 138 times)

Online RossDarker

• Consistant Contributor
Timbuktu DOES Work in High Sierra (10.13.X)
« on: May 10, 2018, 01:05:37 PM »
I have been able to get Timbuktu Pro from https://www.macintoshrepository.org/9201-timbuktu-pro-8-8-5 to work on High Sierra (10.13.X) by first using the Sierra patch script and this next thing.

When attempting to run the host application, you know it fails on High Sierra, but it does work in Sierra. Opening it with terminal then refers the crash to "/System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Versions/A/ScreenSaver".

Now I noticed, the Screensaver Framework in High Sierra (10.13.X) is about HALF the size of that in Sierra (10.12.X). They are both version 5.0. So, I replaced the whole ScreenSaver.framework in /System/Library/Frameworks, with the one from Sierra, and after a reboot, Timbuktu Launches! This is really great.

I have attached the framework from Sierra (10.12.6) to this post (ZIPPED), to replace it with your current one in (10.13.X), you will need to boot from the recovery partition and use terminal to copy it to your High Sierra disk, or another Mac OS partition, because you cannot modify the Frameworks folder whilst booted of the same disk.

The only downside is that the actual screen saver just shows grey instead of Flurry or what ever, but I don't use the screen saver.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 01:18:25 PM by RossDarker »
Dunking a biscuit is one of life's greatest joys.