Poll

Is there a universal computer install log (PPC G4)

0 (0%)
Where is the universal computer install log (PPC G4)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Is there a universal computer install log (PPC G4)  (Read 2492 times)

Offline aaro

• Newcomer
« on: April 06, 2018, 12:47:28 PM »
Hello,
I've recently brought my G4 back to life! I've:
  • Backed up files
    Initialized drives
    Reinstalled OS 9.2.1 (Apple CD)
    Downloaded and installed OS X Jaguar
    (** On a side note - OS X 10.0 Apple CD didn't work **)

My aim is to reinstall and use the music software I was using before isolation - (ProTools, Logic Audio, Wave effect...). 

All was well!
Both operating systems seemed to hum along nicely, so I began installing all apps I used long ago while operating OS 9: Jam. Peak LE, Kensington Houseworks, VST Softraid & Floppy Drive, Norton Internet Security, TechTool Pro...

When I tried to reboot to OS X Jaguar, all looked well - UNTIL - a darkened curtain descended from the top of the screen until it covered the entire screen insisting in four languages:
  • "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button." The message ends with: "FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF"

Immediately I thought - software conflict, so I rebooted with the Apple Install OS 9.2 CD, selected the same as the startup disk, rebooted into OS 9.2 and uninstalled Norton Internet Security & TechTool Pro.

Still the same problem when trying to reboot OS X Jaguar. Hence, the question:
Is there a universal computer install log (PPC G4)? to get the two systems working again by removing the apps and installing while operating OS X Jaguar instead, for example...

Your thoughts.

Thanks for your help!
Aaro