Author Topic: Buying a used Pro Tools 24|MIX system? Here's what you need to know!  (Read 61878 times)

Offline Custos

• Veteran Member
Re: Buying a used Pro Tools 24|MIX system? Here's what you need to know!
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2019, 05:37:22 PM »
Well i can confirm that db60 to db60 crossover cables do not work on the 1622 :(   no damage to the 1622 but I've still yet to run a digi test to see if the cards suffered. Really would like to use this interface. No way I'm making a cable even if i had the correct pin outs 60 wires is about 50 too many for me to care about messing with. If anyone comes across this rare digilink cable it would be much oblieged to forward me the link. If it's in the USA that is...
"A mistake is only an error. It only becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it."  -John Lennon

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2022, 09:04:09 PM »
looking to purchase a magma chassis with cards plug and play for my g4 fw 1.4ghz single

can the mix core card be connected to the legacy port of a digi192 for integration with a current hdx rig?
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2022, 05:46:15 AM »
I make them, I just need connectors. Im going through a though period unfortunately so I don't have a lot of motivation to do anything.

Will do a "quick n' dirty" tutorial about making the ribbon cable and post it in the forum.

wait what you can make ribbon cables? please share i just ordered 6 888 24
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline tunedbytad

• Veteran Member
  • ProTools 5 addict
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2022, 12:54:35 PM »
anyone know if standard db60 crossover cables would work to connect a 1622 to a mix card???

I can 100% confirm this.
Purchased one to test this theory this month.
Have to mail it back now :-(

for $12 maybe I try modifying the wires as they simply flip flop some wile to pin locations.

Hi, My name is Tad
I have a PMG4 problem
aka tunedbytad aka ProTools4 aka NotoriouSS

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2022, 11:59:24 AM »
i got an atto 33hz finally

can anyone post all the setup firmware and other stuff atto doesnt host anymore please

also i need ycables any ideas

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2022, 12:01:55 PM »
can i use my 888 24 to send audio via aes ebu to any other audio software on my os9 rig say sonicworx or is logic direct io the only way except pro tools?

Offline tunedbytad

• Veteran Member
  • ProTools 5 addict
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2022, 09:17:39 PM »
can i use my 888 24 to send audio via aes ebu to any other audio software on my os9 rig say sonicworx or is logic direct io the only way except pro tools?

not sure I get the question.

there is not Internal AES / EBU routing that I know of

but.. there was Digidesign Sound Manager...maybe

http://archive.digidesign.com/download/sndrvr/

you could however externally loop a cable back to another interface that is not on the digidesign mix buss.
Hi, My name is Tad
I have a PMG4 problem
aka tunedbytad aka ProTools4 aka NotoriouSS

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2022, 09:30:38 PM »
i want to slave a os9 rig to a modern hdx rig via 2x 192 . one 192 is hooked up to the slave os9 rig via legacy port to a mix core. then i want to send audio to a standalone app namely sonicworx. is this driver my option that works?

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2023, 09:09:09 AM »
Revisiting this thread 10 years after I started it. Going to resurrect this rig and put it back to use after I move my studio to it's new location. Can't wait to get it back up and running!

Might be time to fix a Pro Tools Instant DAW image and host here?
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2023, 09:36:29 AM »
Sure!

I use to install DieHard Instant DAW + Protools any flavour with tuned by tad pack for TDM in that case.

With an Protools with Instant TDM users would use Sony Oxford more easily when restored...

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4