Poll

If you could beg ELN (or bring him a beer)... The Mac mini should be reported as...

A G4 Cube
9 (100%)
A Quicksilver
0 (0%)
An MDD
0 (0%)
An eMac
0 (0%)
An iBook
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: On your Mac Mini... What do you want to see in the System Profiler info ?  (Read 4454 times)

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
OK... the ELN ROMs are stacking up :)  And the Mac Mini's are humming along... (and still cheap on ebay so hurry up and get one)

Offline Daniel

• Gold Member
  • Programmer, Hacker, Thinker
I would personally want System Profiler to see it as a Mini. Is that an option?

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
I am sure we can use the ibook or Cube mac model number and Norton Disk Doctor Hex edit the Text as "Mini"

Online IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
lol, that was the first thing i thought when i watched the youtube video.

i guess it should be not wrong to use that place to point out that it is running a modified OS9 system.

insert arbitrary signature here

Offline RossDarker

• Gold Member
If you do ever manage to hex edit the text so it reports the Mac mini G4, remember the "mini" with a lowercase m, so "Mac mini G4", as branded by Apple where they call it "Mac mini".

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
If you do ever manage to hex edit the text so it reports the Mac mini G4, remember the "mini" with a lowercase m, so "Mac mini G4", as branded by Apple where they call it "Mac mini".

Excellent point

Offline Jubadub

• Gold Member
I lack any preference, so I won't vote. Whatever gets OS 9 closer and closer to working perfectly is all I'm personally concerned about. :)