Author Topic: Adobe Premiere 6  (Read 5321 times)

Offline Petros90

• Enthusiast Member
Adobe Premiere 6
« on: March 31, 2018, 12:58:49 PM »
I've just been browsing Download Boards > DAW Host Applications. I'm downloading DieHard's "Instant DAW" meanwhile.

OK, I'm new to this forum (which is the Best Forum in the World).  I don't know when the Admin Gods started this thing,  I'm a bit late to the party and I have to confess that for the last 15 years I have used Windows (weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, rivers will run red with blood etc) exclusvely and fairly successfully but without creating anything of substance like what I did in 99/00 on my Apple Macintosh G3.

I had installed and run DieHard’s instructions for Cubase 5.1 r1 which requires one to possess the original Cubase 5 install CD which I have.

Then I discovered a Cubase 5 image available for free download on this site which if used as instructed will install a complete unrestricted version of the last release of Cubase 5, without the need for a "pukka" copy of the original CD … it took a while for the penny to drop.

This is one of the wonderful "reasons of being" of this site. It dawned on me that it's OK to make software freely available for a "dead operating system" - ie Mac OS 9. (For now, until the capitalist lackeys catch up with us.)

My point - there are only three software downloads on the video software Download Board. I have a working copy of Premiere 6 (it doesn't need installing, not sure how that works) also 5.1c, and a whole load of other software I obtained at the time I bought my G3 new.

ie, thousands of pounds' worth of high-end software and utilities that I paid a nominal sum to the reseller for, as I had bought my machine from them. (They're still in business, amazingly, so there must be some kind of loophole that enables them to do this.)
At the time I grabbed whatever was going. I have a 7-CD collections from '99-01 under the headings of Graphics, Music/MIDI, Video, Web, Multimedia, Photo/Paint, Tools, Business (fetch the Comfy Chair), plus one CD with later software including PS6, Director 8, Quark 4.11 etc etc- applications near the end of their life under OS 9 I'm thinking. Hopefully they're not corrupt after al this time, although I've no reason to think this, OS 9.1 installed fine before I found this site.

So given that there are a few  gaps on your Download Boards would it be worthwhile making them available?
G3 B&W Rev. 2, 400MHz, 1GB RAM.
1 x 120GB SSD triple-booting OS9.2.2, OSX Panther, OSX Tiger.
Bought new in 1999 with 256MB RAM and lots of extras

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Adobe Premiere 6
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 01:39:03 PM »
So given that there are a few  gaps on your Download Boards would it be worthwhile making them available?

Perhaps, thank you for the offer, unfortunately, there are time issues right now, but when my life calms down we can start adding some new stuff

macStuff

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 07:27:22 PM »
Whats your end goal Petros

Offline Petros90

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 01:06:44 PM »
DH - That's cool, I started regretting the offer almost immediately! How will I find the time!
Just let me know, whenever, ifever, I'll "endever".

mcS - End goal = payback for the huge help & support in the short time I've  been here. There is light. I'll have to send money now I think.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 08:00:07 AM »
@Petros90: Is your Premiere 6 version different than the 6.0 Y344 in public domain?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 09:04:55 AM by MacTron »
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline Petros90

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 02:37:02 PM »
Mactron

I haven't found a trace of Premiere 6 "public domain" on the interweb or this forum. I know that several years ago (2013?)Adobe made software including their Creative Suite available to their old customers (Win2K/XP/Mac OS 9), with serial numbers, due to their validation server being unavailable, a noble move (and untypical) and of course Joe Public could download and install these  if they had the old OSs but I don't know if that situation is still extant.

So, I cannot answer your question.

There's this (6.5) -
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ecjvpd5k149l7c3/AdobePremiere+6.5+%28Mac%29.sit.bin
posted by Protools5LEGuy - I don't know if this needs a serial.

Most of my programs don't need a serial or installing, that's how they came on the CD from the reseller. Clever stuff. And possibly illegal. At the time.

Anyway it looks like you guys are sorted anyway and probably don't need any of this stuff. I migrated to Win2K + Pentium IV and  mothballed my Mac in 2003 after not a lot of use - mainly for my final year of a graphic design degree - and they were still making software for OS 9, so mine are probably the "last-but-one" versions.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 11:30:58 AM »
The Premiere 6.5 version is damn slow. Finding a 6.0 newer version than Y344 will be great!
Please don't PM about things that are not private.