Classic Mac Hardware (Troubleshooting, Upgrading, & Modifying) > Video Cards, Monitors, & Displays

Mac Mini G4 pixel clock limited to 135Mhz

<< < (7/7)

darthnVader:
I ran across some Linux documentation that says the Mini G4 has both an internal( R9200 ) TMDS and an External TDMS( Likely Silicone Image chip ). I'm not sure if this means that some Minis shipped with one( internal/external ) while other Minis shipped with the other, or some or all shipped with both. Really if you have a Mini that shipped with the external then it still has the one in the R9200 GPU core( IC ).

So now I'm wondering what the issue is with the 135Mhz pixel clock limit, and if we can't find a way to get around it by activating the other TMDS?

--- Quote ---Option "MacModel" "string"
Used to specify Mac models for connector tables and quirks. If you have a PowerBook or Mini with DVI that does not work properly, try the alternate options as Apple does not seem to provide a good way of knowing whether they use internal or external TMDS for DVI. Only valid on PowerPC. On Linux, the driver will attempt to detect the MacModel automatically.
ibook −− ibooks
powerbook-external −− Powerbooks with external DVI
powerbook-internal −− Powerbooks with integrated DVI
powerbook-vga −− Powerbooks with VGA rather than DVI
mini-external −− Mac Mini with external DVI
mini-internal −− Mac Mini with integrated DVI
imac-g5-isight −− iMac G5 iSight
emac −− eMac G4
The default value is undefined.
--- End quote ---

https://www.x.org/releases/current/doc/man/man4/radeon.4.xhtml

Navigation