Author Topic: Forgot the name of a Finder Window Manager Utility – any idea?  (Read 100 times)

Offline ratzfatz

Forgot the name of a Finder Window Manager Utility – any idea?
« on: February 03, 2018, 04:18:08 AM »
Hi, I know there has been a utility around to arrange the windows in the Finder. Instead of going manually from folder to folder in order to set up the preferred view (I prefer list view) – all you had to do was selecting the volume and the general (default) apperance of each of all the Finder windows on it.

You just had to push a button – and bingo! All Finder windows on that volume had been perfectly arranged within seconds. Even the size of the window was reflecting the amount of files within. My problem: I forgot the name of this utility.

I am just browsing through tons of old projects which I like to check and archive. Would be so nice if all Finder windows will look alike after I burned them for storage. Any ideas?

Many thanks for your help.  :)

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: Forgot the name of a Finder Window Manager Utility – any idea?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 11:34:35 AM »
Wow… so long ago. I think this might work.
In Finder/Preferences/Views you can set what you define to be the standard characteristics for all views.
New folders will then automatically display that way.
You can reset "old" folders to your standard by opening then going to View/View Options and clicking "Set to Standard".
I think if you select an entire volume and "Set to Standard" everything on it will inherit the standard OR
Maybe do a "select all" within the volume and Set to Standard.

One of those ought to work… maybe