Author Topic: Very poor sound out of M-Audio Firewire 410  (Read 11984 times)

Offline Ralphieboy

• Enthusiast Member
Re: Very poor sound out of M-Audio Firewire 410
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 08:18:51 AM »
OK, sorry for the quick answers with no explanation...

What I meant to say is...

1) Since iTunes uses the Sound Manager and does NOT support an ASIO driver, I realize that you have included the option to route the "System Sound" thru your interface, this creates one more variable and sometimes "locks" some interfaces up when using the system sound routing and the ASIO driver simultaneously.  So it was jut a shot, since it is usually a quick toggle-off settings to turn off routing sound manager thru the interface.

2)  Many M-Audio Interfaces have multiple ASIO drivers (the 2496 has 3) and some applications will snap crackle pop and cause all sorts of sound issues with One ASIO driver and work perfectly with another.  Also, Some applications use ASIO 1 standard and some use ASIO 2 specifications and the driver has to also match the specs.  If you the interface comes with only a single ASIO driver, download another version of it (as many as you can) and try the app with each version... 1 at a time.

Great, thanx.

Do you know where can I find ASIO drivers compatible with my setup?

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2018, 08:34:34 AM »
ASIO drivers are interface specific, so you need to look thru the archives for the M-Audio Firewire 410 (or ask members here) and maybe they can post several versions of the 410 ASIO drivers, they should have different versions, if not, different file dates will be the clue

Offline Ralphieboy

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2018, 01:01:01 PM »
I am done with this unit.

I will buy an Audiophile instead.

macStuff

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 03:55:09 PM »
the asio drivers should be packaged with the driver
sometimes they had multiple asio drivers as one version was tweaked for use with certain apps
and another for other apps etc.. they did this around 2001-2004 time period mostly

Offline Ralphieboy

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 05:12:40 AM »
I sent back the device to the seller and with Windows something it works very well.
I am waiting for the Audiophile (paid 20 bucks shipping included) and will tell the forum ASAP if this one is working with my setup.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2018, 07:53:33 AM »
We are all crossing fingers for you...

Offline Mardeec

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2018, 03:51:22 PM »
I sent back the device to the seller and with Windows something it works very well.
I am waiting for the Audiophile (paid 20 bucks shipping included) and will tell the forum ASAP if this one is working with my setup.

I had the same experience trying to get an FW410 to work with an iMac G3/500Mhz.  I never could get it to work, despite hours of help from the wonderful people on this forum.  The Audiophile was an easy install and works great, and FW410 works fine under Windows XP. 

macStuff

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 04:39:26 PM »
i have an audiophile usb and i cant say id reccommend that interface to anyone with any serious intentions

Offline teroyk

• Platinum Member
  • -
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 08:18:45 AM »
All people who has Firewire 410, please check firmware version of device from M-audio Control Panel and post here and tell if it's working or not in OS 9.2.2. If you can check what firmware version shows in another operating system.

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 07:27:40 PM »
I just have to note for the record that:

If you search "Firewire 410" on the Forum, you will find an endless series of posts complaining how the 410 simply won't work in OS9 because they never bothered to release a decent driver for it.