Author Topic: os9 installation successful on G4 Titanium - why is screen resolution so low?  (Read 3639 times)

Offline morerecords

• Valued Member
os9 installation successful on G4 Titanium - just one problem- why is the screen resolution so low?
I mean, os9 is only taking up half the monitor real estate available, as if I had a 6" x6"  tiny monitor..
Is this the only way? there must be a fix for this..
thank you in advance..
MR

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
whats the exact model? it should recognize the hardware and use it. unless your machine is not supported. have you tried the good old "cmd option p r" trick yet ?

Offline morerecords

• Valued Member
thanks. cmmd option pr? When restarting?  I will look into it.
Its a 15" titanium powerbook, os9.0... trying to get it up and running now..

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
it needs a included version that came with the powerbook. you cant just install os9. there is a titanium os9 restore image available.
http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/mac-os-922-system-folders

if thats the model you got.

Offline MacOS Plus

• Gold Member
  • The 9serve Lives!
  This condition implies that the non-model-specfic video driver has enabled screen mirroring by default, limiting the resolution to the setting required for the TV output connector.  That behavior has also been seen on later 'unsupported' powerbooks.  Use of the appropriate files from the model-specific restore CD should correct the problem.  Be sure to check the Monitors control panel to see if the setting checkbox is present and  can be disabled.

Offline Astroman

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
Initial low res is a common experience when changing systems (setups).
For whatever reason the Monitor control panel in the Universal 9.2.2 Install iso is version 7.5.6
Using version 8.6.2 cures the problem reliably.