Author Topic: QS2002 1.0GHz DP CPU card repair?  (Read 3800 times)

Offline reeskm

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
QS2002 1.0GHz DP CPU card repair?
« on: January 05, 2018, 01:19:01 PM »
I just bought a used QS 2002 with the max-spec 1.0 GHz Dual Processor. I bought it not knowing if it would work for cheap.

It is not booting and looks like a bad PMU, but...

After troubleshooting for 2 days, I finally discovered that the CPU card is bad.
The power supply, logic board, PMU battery, RAM, and video have all been ruled out.

I have swapped the card into another QS2002 that I own and it fails to boot up, too. It's not the logic board or the PMU - putting a 800MHz single processor from the other machine into the dual machine works fantastic -- it passes Apple Hardware Test with flying colors.

Question is - is this CPU garbage or is it possible to fix it? It does not show any signs of overheating at all, but it had very little of the original thermal pad left on it when I took it apart. I don't know for sure, but it looks like someone tried removing it and re-seating the heat sink.

The only thing I could think of is to test the caps for open circuit or something.

Offline Ncc74656

• Enthusiast Member
Re: QS2002 1.0GHz DP CPU card repair?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 10:06:36 PM »
did you ever get it fixed? i have been looking for some DP cards to test out and maybe repair.