Author Topic: NewerTech 7447A  (Read 3339 times)

Offline FdB

• Platinum Member
  • And then...
NewerTech 7447A
« on: January 04, 2018, 02:40:53 PM »
Found this in the bone-yard the other night while looking for GE PSs. Wondering about 1GHz Quicksilver use. Most NewTech that I've just now viewed have different dip switch locations and are red overall in color. Anyone have, or are using one of these? Actual specs are currently evading me. TIA  ;)
This Must Be The Place

Offline oldtimer

• Valued Member
Re: NewerTech 7447A
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 11:35:50 PM »
You can download the manual here: https://www.newertech.com/downloads/nwtmang4max.pdf

and this page tells us that it's been discontinued: https://www.newertech.com/products/maxpower47.php

and there's this page at Low End Mac: http://lowendmac.com/reviews/08rev/maxpower-1.8-ghz-single.html

but you probably already found these pages.  :)

A quick look at the manual indicates that the Quicksilver is supported.

Offline FdB

• Platinum Member
  • And then...
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 07:31:43 AM »
Thank you very much.

I had visited the NewerTech .pdf but not the lowendmac, yet. There’s also a varied and extensive examination here on the forum, which may explain why my query was was given a fairly wide berth (perhaps as if it were indeed “the plague”). Seems that the NewerTech 7447A variety can be problematic, compared to others.

(Yes, lazy me finally typed 7447A into the search feature here.)

However, given the current behavior of this particular QS (without the NewerTech installed), this 7447A may simply go back to the boneyard for now… or receive the ultra-special Jimi Hendrix lighter fluid treatment. Or I can find it again later, and Groundhog Day begins all over again.

Indeed, perhaps yet more evidence of my own synapses failing… still not remembering why the 7447A was in my boneyard in the first place. ::)
This Must Be The Place

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 07:42:42 AM »
Oh NOOO ... Not 'Groundhog Syndrome!!!!

still not remembering why the 7447A was in my boneyard in the first place... Or I can find it again later, and Groundhog Day begins all over again...
still not remembering why the 7447A was in my boneyard in the first place... Or I can find it again later, and Groundhog Day begins all over again...

Offline FdB

• Platinum Member
  • And then...
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 07:48:04 AM »
Perhaps I am now indeed "Happier than Mr. Happy!" (Sorry, had to supply that somewhat esoteric quote... from "somewhere".) ;)
This Must Be The Place

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 08:15:08 AM »
Perhaps I am now indeed "Happier than Mr. Happy!"

You've been to the mountain top... Your eyes have seen the glory!!! (got that from somewhere too  ;D)

Offline reeskm

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 12:18:43 PM »
If you feel like selling some of your CPUs let me know please. I just bought a used QS2002 with the 1.0GHz Dual, and the CPU card itself is bad! I'm hoping to upgrade my QS2002 which right now has a 800MHz 7450 without any L3 cache. It's slow as all get out.

Seems like you have a great Newertech card there on your hands!