Author Topic: sound-sculptor (1994) for macintosh?  (Read 3994 times)

macStuff

sound-sculptor (1994) for macintosh?
« on: December 10, 2017, 04:29:55 AM »
i thought this app was osx only but i guess not?
https://www.macintoshrepository.org/6506-sound-sculptor

What is Sound Sculptor?
Sound Sculptor is a high quality color sound editing program with many digital effects.  It's sound quality, features, and flexibility compare to sound editors costing hundreds of dollars.  Sound Sculptor has the look and feel of a totally modern (at the time!) highly polished, Mac program that's very solid, intuitive, and easy to use.  Some of it's features are normally only found in commercial sound editors, like sound drawing tools, envelopes for controlling effects over time (pitch bending for example), and LFOs for vibrato and tremolo effects.  Not only does it edit prerecorded sounds, but it can also create sounds the exact same way a real synthesizer does, with Oscillators, Filters, Envelopes, and LFOs.  Sound Sculptor can open, save, and compress, WAVE, AIFF, System 7 and SoundEdit sound files.

Both the original Sound Sculptor (1994) and the later Sound Sculptor II (1999) versions are incldued in the downloads.

Offline MusicWorks

• Enthusiast Member
Re: sound-sculptor (1994) for macintosh?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 11:32:55 AM »
Hi,

Sound Sculptor was in fact the poor-man's version of Sound Designer II, which required hardware to run, as was widely used at the time. The engine is very nice and the effects quality is stunning and comparable to SDII.

Nice see the link to Sound Sculptor I, it's not easy to comeby. Sound Sculptor II doesn't like System 7 and usually crashes my PT rig.

macStuff

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 08:52:38 PM »
i saw another app called "Audio Sculpt" that said it had 68k support..
is that the older version of this? or another app altogether with a similar title?

Offline MusicWorks

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 07:05:56 AM »
Audio Sculpt is a different app all together, probably likes System 7 :)

By the way, there was never an OSX version of neither Sound Sculptor or Audio Sculpt (of course you can carbonize most OS9 apps, but that is not really an OSX app)

OSX is pretty :)