Author Topic: FILE TRANSFER FROM CUBASE INTO LOGIC  (Read 4690 times)

Offline coachla

• Veteran Member
FILE TRANSFER FROM CUBASE INTO LOGIC
« on: December 01, 2017, 07:09:10 PM »
Has anyone here ever transfered their music from Cubase on the Atari into Logic on the Mac? I have a lot of music I sequenced in Cubase 2.0 and 3.0 on the Atari, and I've been unsuccessful in doing this. It's easy for both Cubase 4 or 5 and Logic of any version to read these Atari disks on my MDD with a Macally USB floppy drive. However, only Cubase will load them.

I'd prefer to preserve the original sequence segments of Cubase, as opposed to ending up with long, contiguous tracks as when importing MIDIfiles.

Logic will not do as the attached manual quote claims. Does anyone have experience in doing this? Thanks....

macStuff

Re: FILE TRANSFER FROM CUBASE INTO LOGIC
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 12:46:21 AM »
could it be the fault of the usb drive? not able to read 720k atari formatted disks?
i thought you needed a real floppy drive (in a beige mac) to be able to read atari disks

Offline coachla

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 03:04:46 AM »
Maybe I wasn't clear in the description....

All the disks with their files mount on the Mac and list properly via PC Exchange in the AFE control panel. I can load any of them into Cubase 2.0 Score, VST 4.0 or VST 5.0 on the MDD. No problems. One would think that once I saved them on the Mac as an Arrangement or Song, I should then be able to load them into Logic. Not true as far as I can tell.

You don't need an internal floppy drive. The Mega 4 Atari disks are DOS format, so they mount straight away on the Mac via USB floppy drive. Logic will see the original files on the Atari disk and also see them once I've loaded them into Cubase on the Mac and re-saved them on the Mac, but Logic will not load them in either format.

Problem here is not the disk format or drive. Problem is Logic won't load them without crashing, freezing, etc. Logic says, "Come on in."  But door is locked...

So to put the question another way... Has anyone ever loaded a Cubase file of any type into Logic?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 03:30:18 AM by coachla »

macStuff

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 10:06:31 AM »
LOGIC can load Cubase files in both the song and arrangement formats.
Cubase Songs (/w the correct Mac file type: scSG) can also be loaded using File > Open.

If the cubase songs are from another Computer platform (such as Atari) they must be assigned the .ALL DOS suffix and the scSG document type in PC Exchange.

so, i have to ask only because u didnt say it:
did u change the filename to .ALL?
did u change the creator type to "scSG" in PC Exchange?

the program you are using, is it Logic Audio 2.5 for Macintosh?

Offline coachla

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 09:06:43 PM »
Yes, but that's a moot point. Logic recognizes the disks anyway. Disregarding he Atari factor, "Logic of any version" will not load any Cubase mac file either.

macStuff

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 12:24:55 AM »
would it be a good idea to share a specific Atari Cubase file that you are trying to convert?