Author Topic: NetBooting Mac OS 9 with BootMania - What To Do.  (Read 385 times)

Offline DoctorMac

• new to the forums
NetBooting Mac OS 9 with BootMania - What To Do.
« on: December 01, 2017, 06:58:36 PM »
Hi.

I'd like to boot Mac OS 9 with NetBoot. I used this old piece of software called BootMania, which is supposedly freeware. I know it works (I've successfully booted into the Mac OS 9 image with an iMac G4), but no matter what I do, the dang thing always wants a license, even when I've already put it in using the code provided on the site.
What troubleshooting steps can I try? I've tried it on Mac OS X Server 10.4 PPC (I could never get the native NetBoot server to work), macOS 10.13 (which doesn't even work), and my current attempt on 10.6.8. Is there an better, alternative way to host them? I can't run Mac OS X Server 10.2, but I think I can run 10.3 Server (I have 10.2, 10.3, and 10.4 Server discs).
Thanks in advance.

Offline DoctorMac

• new to the forums
Re: NetBooting Mac OS 9 with BootMania - What To Do.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 07:12:33 AM »
Update!

I got Mac OS 9 to boot with the native NetBoot server. All I had to do was reinstall Mac OS X Server 10.4.

Offline ELN

• Silver Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 05:15:44 PM »
Excellent! How did you manage to license the server? And can you show me where to download a copy? I haven't been able to find it myself.

Offline DoctorMac

• new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 06:43:36 AM »
I have a physical copy of Mac OS X Server 10.4.7. I know Macintosh Garden has a copy as well; they have a license there that you need to set the date back for. If you have a problem with theirs, I can consider uploading my license.