Author Topic: Testers Needed: MPMapper  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Daniel

• Gold Member
  • Programmer, Hacker, Thinker
Testers Needed: MPMapper
« on: November 24, 2017, 08:49:30 AM »
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to figure out how to map memory to a logical address using NanoKernel MPCalls. I think that I have figured it out, but I am not quite sure I did all the calculations correctly. It would be nice if some people with 2GB machines ran this application and posted its output here. I do not expect it to have any noticeable effect on anything else you are doing on your machine, because it maps unused memory to an unused logical address.

Please let me know if it crashes or something, because that would really surprise me.

If the system is using one of Elliot's limit-breaking-roms, please tell me. It will make it easier to check if I got my math right.

I included the source code in the .sit file because I thought it might be interesting for people to look at. Please excuse my horrible coding conventions.

Offline Daniel

• Gold Member
  • Programmer, Hacker, Thinker
Re: Testers Needed: MPMapper
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 06:22:16 AM »
I just made a slight bugfix for MPMapper. Now it will no longer try to do 33,500,416 or so cache flushing operations if you run it on a 2GB machine. Now it has a chance of completeing within a reasonable amount of time. I modified the logging so that it writes messages to the NanoKernel log instead of its own window. Now you need NKLogReader to see what messages it printed. I have included it in this .sit file.

If you run MPMapper while NKLogReader is open, you should see some text that says 'MPMapper starting up' appear at the end of the NKLog, and then some other text. I want to see everything in the NKLog starting with 'MPMapper starting up' until the end of the log.