Author Topic: VST Instrument - No sound OUT...  (Read 3707 times)

Offline SEBA_1973

• Newcomer
VST Instrument - No sound OUT...
« on: October 11, 2017, 12:37:08 AM »
Configuration :
PowerBook G4 Titanium 1000 MHz
Memory 512 MB
Virtual Memory off
Mac OS 9.2
OMS 2.3.8
Cubase VST/32 5.2
M-AUDIO Keystation 49e

Hello,
I have a problem with my configuration. The keyboard is recognized by Cubase, but when I play, the VST synth sound does not come out. Note that when I click on the keyboard in the PART, there is sound ... In summary, the signal from my keyboard is received in the Cubase IN, but Cubase does not return the signal in the VST OUT .. I made a small video to reinforce my explanation. Thank you in advance for the coolest community on the planet! :-)
Sébastien

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V66XwIKwh1s

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
Re: VST Instrument - No sound OUT...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 01:11:32 AM »
It should has to do with your midi track settings right where it says *LOCAL*. I guess you should set it to the VST instrument you are trying to send notes to.
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline SEBA_1973

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 07:28:16 AM »
I did as you say, but it changes nothing ... no sound ...
Thanks anyway, another idea?

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 11:51:11 AM »
havent used that shit app for 10 years but i think your configuration is right.

when a new instrument is inserted you can select it as "output" in a track, and if that track is selected, any midi input should be routed to that track. so i suppose there is something wrong on the midi input side.

insert arbitrary signature here