Author Topic: iLok Installer and License Support  (Read 6176 times)

Offline wilcofan

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
iLok Installer and License Support
« on: September 01, 2017, 10:24:17 AM »
I have visited the threads regarding the iLok drivers for OS 9.2.2 and have still come up short.

With the Interlok 5.0.5 installer I am able to recognize my iLok in the Apple System Profiler. 

However, running Soft Samplecell, it prompts a connection to download the "License Support" from the Pace website.  As you may know, this is not available anymore.  AFAIK.  I am not connected to the internet on the machine so I can't say that for sure.

I have all kinds of iLok installers for OSX.  Many of them came with standalone License Support folders.  Does anybody know how we can get these files needed for iLoks to be recognized in OS9?

G3 400 B&W | Opcode Studio 3 | Midiman Biport | Digidesign TDM Mix

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: iLok Installer and License Support
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 01:15:56 PM »
you must make sure what you actually need and dont get confused with their weird version numbers.

i dont know it myself, but i think that at the times where the last soft sample cell came out the ilok usb dongle didnt even exist, and it was using the interlock serial/response system. but i could be wrong. :)

the basic rule is: when you install a legit product, older products will always still work with the latest driver sofware from pace. other "versions" of products might cause unpredictable issues.

in your case, 505 should be okay.

in my opinion it is a bit strange that pace as a third party supplier stopped support for OS9 long ago.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline wilcofan

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 05:07:14 PM »
Interlock installer 5.0.5 is the only version I've been able to find anywhere.  And it's not authorizing.

Is anybody using a legit iLok license on OS9?  If so, please tell your story.

I have tickets out to iLok, Pace and Avid.  I will update my findings.

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 07:04:50 PM »
Forget about avid that's a dead end. They purged their servers and unless you got a valid support contract they won't do anything.

Offline wilcofan

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 07:06:57 PM »
Yeah, the seller of the iLok license has a support contract and is hoping to leverage that for me.  It's him who has the ticket in.

Offline wilcofan

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 07:52:36 PM »
Aha!  The error message by Samplecell, more specifically the authorization checking for an iLok license, is misleading.

It says: Extentions to use the Interlok are missing, you will be directed to the website... (Hit OK)

So I have been trying to find these missing extensions.  On a hunch, I turned on ALL 9.2.2 extensions PLUS the 3rd Party extensions and VOILA!

I had streamlined my extensions and it seems the Interlok is dependent on something in the 9.2.2 ALL set which I haven't determined.  When I turn back to my previous set, same problem.  Extensions missing.  (even with the Interlok extensions turned on)

Only trial and error will determine what it needs.  When I find it I will report.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 09:41:29 PM »
...usb!

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 04:51:39 AM »
Yeah, the seller of the iLok license has a support contract and is hoping to leverage that for me.  It's him who has the ticket in.

he cant mention you, i have done something like that  before. They want a license transfer normally and thats costly.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 04:04:36 PM »
still better than sony or creamware :)

Offline wilcofan

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 06:15:16 PM »
And the winner is...

URL Access

Ironic hey?  It needed to know it could reach the net, without actually needing to reach the net! 

Once this is switched off, it tries to get you to go online and get newer drivers.  Switch it on and the 5.0.5 Interlok extensions are fine.  Samplecell authorizes.  (with a strange error regarding the current time)

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 09:31:36 PM »
Nice detective work there Wilco!! ;D

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 05:53:32 PM »
glad it works for you and thanks for the feedback ;)

this is one of the worst things of all, when you own a legit copy of something but it would stop working only because it is "old".