Author Topic: FutureBASIC disks, manuals, guides  (Read 117 times)

Offline The Rook

FutureBASIC disks, manuals, guides
« on: May 17, 2019, 10:26:14 AM »
Years ago I had a program called FutureBASIC for developing applications on the Mac.  I'm trying to find the disks, manuals, and guides for this application but have not had much luck.

I know that the application is available over on https://www.macintoshrepository.org/, but I'm looking for the physical disks and books.

The only book I've been able to find is Learning FutureBASIC: Macintosh BASIC Power by L. Frank Turovich, which I also owned years ago.

I'm pretty sure I had the 1st version of the application and it came with 2 black books, one being a reference manual and the other being a handbook or guide showing examples I believe.  It also came with a smaller white book that was basically a getting started guide.

I've search eBay and the internet and can't even find pictures of these books or the disks.

Am I the only one that used and remembers this program?

Offline Naiw

• Veteran Member (100+ Posts)
  • new to the forums
Re: FutureBASIC disks, manuals, guides
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 01:47:15 PM »
Update:

I should have read the entire post first, it's clear this is not what you're after.

Original:

I'm not sure about FutureBasic 1, but I do know that FutureBasic 2 came with tons of examples and I believe very comprehensive documentation too... if that's too any help.

However if you mean "FutureBasic" that integrates with MacOS, I don't think there ever was but you were refered to Inside Mac like for everyother language.

Offline The Rook

Re: FutureBASIC disks, manuals, guides
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 03:17:15 PM »
I'm looking for anything associated with FutureBASIC.  The books, the disks.

I just don't see anything out there.